New Game Menu Questions - regarding titles

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I am making a set of levels for Myth II, and I have a few questions about how the level names show up on the new game menu.

1) How do you change the colors of the each level's title? I know I've seen this done numerous times.

2) How do you make the first level show up on the menu without having to shift-click?

3) When I shift-click to access all the levels, they appear in reverse order, i.e. the last level shows up first and the first level shows up last, despite the fact that I have the "next mesh" tags linked correctly in Loathing. Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?

Answers to any of these would be greatly appreciated.

A-Red
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I think I can help you with all the above.

Let me take 2) first. You make them show by naming the mesh tag with a number ending in 01. For instance, a mesh called "01 Frenzy" will show on the list without shift-clicking, but "02 Frenzy" or "Frenzy" will not.

To get different colours, put a number from 1 to 7 at the beginning of the number. Eg. 101 Frenzy, 201 Frenzy, 301 Frenzy etc. I can't remember offhand which number produces which colour.

Lastly, the sorting of meshes is done in a strange way. Firstly its numerical in ascending order - ie. "01 village", "02 graveyard" etc. If the numbers are the same, then its alphabetical in _descending_ order. So if you have "01 village A", "01 village B" then B will be listed above A.

Hope that helps :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Thanks, everything is showing up correctly. I actually had them labeled as Z01-Z09 originally, having had no idea that the numbering actually affected anything. Apparently, starting the mesh name with a letter screws things up.

For future reference if anyone wants to know:
1=blue
2=purple
3=red (or reddish pink)
4=forest green
5=snot green
6=brown

Not the best selection of colors, but it will do. Was that added in one of your patches? And would it be possible to add some more for 1.5.1, so that it goes from 1 to 9 instead of 1 to 6?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

no, Bungie put those colours in there. Atm there's no plans to add any more.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder