Collections question - Same

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I am working on modifying a units collections with Tahoe. The prob I am having is even though I gave the collection a different name from the original. When I have the new collections tag in it overides the original tag. So basically I am not able to have the original unit and the modified unit at the same time. The units that used the original collection now use the new collection, and the original collection tag isnt availible for me to have the original units use. Is that what it is? You cant have an original collections tag and a modified version of that collection tag at the same time? Thanks
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

There are several ways to do it... I admit I've never used Tahoe before, but on Amber changing the name of the file does not change the tag header, you have to do this yourself in a separate box. The thing that Myth reads is NOT the tagname but the tag-header (you know: the 4 character call #). The easiest way to do it is to just find the place in Tahoe to change the header and then re-save the file. If Tahoe is sucky and doesn't let you do this, then you could just go to collections in Fear and make a "duplicate" and it will automatically make a different header for you.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Open fear holding shift, this will make it so you can see the COLLECTION info in fear. Duplicate the COLLECTION you want to have two of. Make a new COLLECTION REFERENCE thats uses/points to the new COLLECTION. Point MONSTER/duplicate of monster to new collection. Make sure UNIT/or duplicate of UNIT points to right Monster and Collection REF

Also..always duplicate tags in fear. This will help to make sure your headers dont conflict. In myth the name of the tag basically means nothing. Its the 4 letter Header/tag ID that myth/fear/loathing look for and if you copy tags by cutting and pasting outside of fear the name may be different but the header/tag ID remains the same
do it.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Thanks for helping. I still am missing something. I started Fear holding shift. Made the duplicate and renamed the collection. I was then able to pick between the original and new collection tag in the collection reference folder. Prob is I had made changes to the look of the unit. Even though I can now select between the new and original collection tags in the collection reference menu. They both look the same. I opened Topaz and opened collections so I could extract the duplicate I made of the collection, but there is still only the original collection there. It doesnt show the duplicate collection in Topaz. So even though I have 2 different units in collections they both look the same. What am I not doing or doing wrong?
Edit: I figured out what I did wrong. Thanks for helping.

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1106857827
ozone

Post by ozone »

you need a duplicate collection ref as well
do it.