Fear trick you may have not known about...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ozone

Post by ozone »

If you hit shift while opening fear something magical happens. It opens all the foundation tags..including collections, models and anything else that doesn't open without. Why is this cool you may ask? Well for one, makes it easy to get a single tag out of the foundation tags without having to open the Large Tag in Extractor or Topaz, you just get info on the tag and then hit ok. That tag will now be in the local folder. It also makes duplicating a model or some other type of tag that you never new could be seen with fear...

Anyway..I just thought Id share that tip for the ppl that didn't know you could do this...

cheers

Edited By ozone on 1106754800
do it.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Just shift? I always used to hold down control, shift option and command, just in case I was getting the wrong key! Thanks man!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

LOL Wallet! Nope, just like any other app... shift shows allâ„¢. Also very handy if you just want to find out the header on a collection or model tag, without having to f00k with tag extractor :) I stumbled on that by accident one day :)
Industry

Post by Industry »

Yeah, I've heard this before, but I've never been able to do this with the Windows or Linux version.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Now you tell me. :O

All this time I've been rolling my head back and forth on the keyboard while chanting, "Kill it before it informs its master" - and this seemed to work just fine.

But all I really have to do is hold down the shift key?!?

Dang.

P.S. This works fine for me on Windows (Win2KPro anyway) - I always hold it down until Fear finally pops up.