Why am I still getting banned?

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Why am I still getting banned?

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

You all know who the only admin on marius is. But do you guys really know what is going on? People are banned left and right. People's names are locked. People's accounts are gagged. And there is no end. He doesn't turn these things off. He keeps on banning. I've been "permanently banned" from the mariusnet server for apparently swearing in the lobby since JANUARY 2009. When I signed on another account to ask what I said, he proceeded to keep telling me "you are in violation of the mariusnet rules." And I said I would sign off as soon as I knew what it was I had said wrong. Because apparently you can't even say "poo" or you get banned.

Interestingly enough, people that impersonate MNA OM are still online and playing. But not me. Every account I try to sign onto, this guy bans me. I'm stuck with signing on a guest account, which most people have wanked from their hosts. Oh yeah and guest accounts don't see updates in lobby, so I never know when a game has ended and is opening for players. I'm not stupid, I know you guys that post here are friends with him and know who he is, because he posts here too. Would you please tell him to get off my back already. Everyone knows I don't do anything at all on the server. I'm not even going to call out other people for acting out, because this game is nearly dead, and I'm not trying to contribute to it dying off any more. Seriously, this is ridiculous, this guy has complete control over the server, and wants everyone to act like the damn brady bunch. There's a reason nobody likes him, and there is also a reason he so rigorously ATTEMPTS to conceal and deny his identity, which further exacerbates his pathetic existence.

Even after seeing my many attempts on these forums to contribute to the community, he takes none of this into consideration, and bans me on sight. Even when I play "low key" he finds me by IP address. I'm banned from the mariusnet website... I can't view it at all. I'm the greatest talent myth has ever seen, and this guy wants him and his little 10 "friends" who don't even play this game to have this game all to themselves because they let their children play. Need I remind you this game is rated MATURE, and you shouldn't be letting your little children on if you are concerned with the content they are exposed to.

MNA OM is single handedly destroying myth as we know it, and I'm going to bet most of you are going to be ignorant of this, because you'll all defend him in a heartbeat, and throw me under the bus because of my supposed 'antics.' It really is a shame I haven't been treated better, because I have a lot of money and resources that I could pitch in to really push things forward. I want to see a new myth game. I want to see hundreds of new players online. I want old players to rekindle their love with this game and get things active once again. The reason there are 40 people on a night and 5 or so games are because of people like me, not because one person ruins everyones fun and has absolutely no concern for disregarding them for all eternity.

I'm not asking--- I'm telling you people to wake up and realize that I represent the entire myth community when I say we shouldn't have this one senile old man ruining the server and running it the way he is. Hell, I would be an awesome admin if I had the capability to do so. Unlike this kook, I actually know how to handle people and to get people settled down if things occur. I can't vouch for the people who try to hack the server or other's accounts, or flagrantly abuses or threatens other players, but there are other ways of doing this other than banning them. He doesn't realize that banning me just keeps bringing me back more and more. I still find a way to sign online, so why is he wasting so much time in banning me, after 3 YEARS ago? I have won several tournaments since I was "BANNED," all on different accounts or as guest accounts obviously. I've set MDQ records that are painted on the mariusnet website forever; I would be tied overall time with Hadiez because we did all of them together, and I still hold a few individual ones, and he holds a few over me.

SO seriously, is anyone going to actually do something and tell this guy to let it go already? I'm one of the biggest influences on myth, and I barely even talk anymore when I'm online. I can't even begin to tell you how many new players I've been helping recently, all of whom never get to know who I actually am, because I can't show my identity or use the same name otherwise I'll get banned. So sick of this.. I just want to play myth.
ozone

Re: Why am I still getting banned?

Post by ozone »

whats the problem?
do it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I've been "permanently banned" from the mariusnet server for apparently swearing in the lobby since JANUARY 2009.
Maybe because you keep circumventing the ban instead of just doing your time? Every time you work around your ban, you make it clear that you aren't reformed. In other words, you're just asking to get banned again, and again and again. That's the exact same thing that happened when you tried to circumvent your ban on these forums by creating a dummy account - I had to extend your ban - what else would you expect to happen?
Every account I try to sign onto, this guy bans me.
Hmm.. I wonder why. Maybe because you're supposed to be banned?
I'm not stupid, I know you guys that post here are friends with him and know who he is, because he posts here too.
I guess you're referring to the OM=VR meme again? I'm so sick of that stupid conspiracy crap. I've warned and banned people for promulgating that in the past and I won't hesitate to again. Cut it out.
Seriously, this is ridiculous, this guy has complete control over the server, and wants everyone to act like the damn brady bunch.
The mnet server is run by private individuals and they are free to run it in any manner they see fit. Contrary to what you seem to believe, the ability to troll the mnet lobby is not a fundamental human right.
I'm the greatest talent myth has ever seen
And modest too!
It really is a shame I haven't been treated better, because I have a lot of money and resources that I could pitch in to really push things forward. I want to see a new myth game. I want to see hundreds of new players online. I want old players to rekindle their love with this game and get things active once again.
Those are nice sentiments, which I'm sure lots of mythers share. But I would ask you to consider what the real cause of that poor treatment is. I don't know the answer, but based on your posts on these forums I would guess it's because you don't play by the rules, you like to troll people, and you generally come off as being a dick.
I'm not asking--- I'm telling you people to wake up and realize that I represent the entire myth community
No.
Hell, I would be an awesome admin if I had the capability to do so.
Why don't you start your own server and be your own admin? The mnet server software is available on their site.
He doesn't realize that banning me just keeps bringing me back more and more. I still find a way to sign online, so why is he wasting so much time in banning me, after 3 YEARS ago?
So because you keep managing to circumvent your ban, he should just give up and forget about it? Are you for real?
I'm one of the biggest influences on myth, and I barely even talk anymore when I'm online. I can't even begin to tell you how many new players I've been helping recently, all of whom never get to know who I actually am, because I can't show my identity or use the same name otherwise I'll get banned.
Truly, a tragedy of epic proportions.
So sick of this.. I just want to play myth.
Have you ever considered waiting for your ban to expire, and following the rules from then on?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

My.
Ban.
Doesn't.
Expire.

I've gone 6 months without coming near the game at one point, showed up one day, I was kicked within an hour. Literally has nothing better to do than monitor what 12 people in a lobby are talking about at any given moment? Not even trying to hide anything, dude just bans me on sight if my IP matches up with a general location. Ask him yourself, there is no "time" to serve. I am not allowed on the server period. So because I'm a dick at times over gameplay (which 99% of the freakin myth community is--wake up) I should be permanently banned?

I don't know what a meme is, but you know what I'm talking about. Who said I was trolling the lobby? Told you I haven't done anything in years in the damn lobby. Every account I've used I even turn on .filter. Apparently there are still words you can say that are inappropriate, but just incase of a slipup, its on.

I'm not modest when it comes to my myth ability-- I'm the best, everyone knows it, and I back it up 24/7. My Resume speaks for itself, and if it doesn't, I'll do the talking.

Would love to start my own server, but I don't want to divide the community. I want everyone to gather in one location, and right now that place is marius--an established server.

Please, show me where in these forums I TROLLED, or I intentionally posted about someone that showed me being a dick? I bet most of your finds will be in threads that I started about a myth topic, got trolled by VINYLRAKE, replied to him that he is just trolling me, and everyone jumped to his defense so I got mad and still maturely explained why I was still right and why it was obvious that it wasn't me initiating anything. For some reason, you all keep assuming that when I make a thread, I'm just trolling. Its like you all have been studying me all these years and have a predisposed conglomeration of an idea of what you think my intentions are.

I'm right, I know it, and this doucher needs to drop it already.

@MNA OM
Don't want the server hacked? Stop banning people.
Don't want your name bashed? Stop gagging people.
Don't want to be the biggest loser in the myth community? Stop being yourself.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

BTW I was banned from these forums for 6 months because I said "ur mom."

Really now?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I'm not stupid, I know you guys that post here are friends with him and know who he is, because he posts here too.
Mnet and Magma are like neighbors. We might wave hello as we see each other every now and then, but that doesn't mean we hang out or talk to each other much at all. When someone has a problem with that neighbor, Magma prefers to avoid getting involved. Even if Magma got involved they can't force Mnet to let kids on their front lawn if they don't want to. The only people that would know who Om is without a doubt would be other Mnet admins, and Magma is not part of that book club.

As for your ban in these forums. It was one month and it wasn't because of "ur mom". That just happened to be the last thing you said before the ban but you were warned about the Mnet/Om drama you were posting. When you made another account to go around the ban, then it got extended.

Bans on Mnet do expire, but their method of expiring is talking to the admin and stating you will obey the rules. Some players either ignore that or are too prideful to do it. I forget what you did that made them want to (perma maybe?)-ban you. They don't exactly post up the reasons and keep it to themselves so its easy to forgot what happen from the 3rd party point of view.

About your trolling in these forums... I guess someone else can link up some examples or something. You did get some threads locked which is a rare thing in these forums.

The .filter command... that just filters what you see. It does not filter what others will see of what you said.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:My.
Ban.
Doesn't.
Expire.

I've gone 6 months without coming near the game at one point, showed up one day, I was kicked within an hour. Literally has nothing better to do than monitor what 12 people in a lobby are talking about at any given moment? Not even trying to hide anything, dude just bans me on sight if my IP matches up with a general location. Ask him yourself, there is no "time" to serve. I am not allowed on the server period. So because I'm a dick at times over gameplay (which 99% of the freakin myth community is--wake up) I should be permanently banned?
Afaik mnet bans aren't supposed to be permanent, but if you got an exception made for yourself I guess I am not too surprised.
I don't know what a meme is, but you know what I'm talking about. Who said I was trolling the lobby?
In the OP you said you were banned for "apparently swearing in the lobby". Of course I have no idea what you were really banned for, nor do I care. But given that you have also been banned from these forums for trolling (among other things), it's not exactly a stretch.
Told you I haven't done anything in years in the damn lobby.
Because you were banned?
Would love to start my own server, but I don't want to divide the community. I want everyone to gather in one location, and right now that place is marius--an established server.
If OM is really as horrible as you say he is, then why not? I'm sure everyone would be willing to switch if it means escaping the person who is quote "single handedly destroying myth as we know it".
Please, show me where in these forums I TROLLED, or I intentionally posted about someone that showed me being a dick? [...] For some reason, you all keep assuming that when I make a thread, I'm just trolling. Its like you all have been studying me all these years and have a predisposed conglomeration of an idea of what you think my intentions are.
People's perceptions of you are colored by your past behavior. News at 11.

Seriously, did you think you get a blank slate to work with every day? If only life were like that...

Speaking personally, this is where you lost all credibility for me:
http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... 349#p52358
I'm right, I know it, and this doucher needs to drop it already.

@MNA OM
Don't want the server hacked? Stop banning people.
Don't want your name bashed? Stop gagging people.
Don't want to be the biggest loser in the myth community? Stop being yourself.
BTW, this kind of talk is also trolling by my definition. Tread carefully, you are very close to another ban.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Really, who gives a shit?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
ozone

Post by ozone »

Stop banning people. Seriously.
do it.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

the filter DOES filter what other people say. If I turn it on, and swear, it will show up as thrall or smurf instead of the curse word. Its been tried before.

And for one, I've tried emailing "mariusnet" many times to talk to anyone, but NOBODY will talk to me in any shape or form. I can't even get on the website. I'm blocked. I told you the guy locked me up and threw away the key. There is no "overcoming" this. I'm never legally allowed to be on the server ever again. I got those threads locked because they turned into "arguments" after SOMEONE ELSE other than me initiated the shit talking.

I get the whole separation between magma and marius, but hasn't my time spent on these forums meant anything? I'm trying to make amends, and be a decent contributor, and to most of the people I don't even know who you are, you have given me grief the whole time for no reason. What exactly are the marius rules, because apparently everyone else except me is allowed to break them. But then again, no one is allowed to use the color yellow either because thats what MNA OM uses. Yes, people have been banned or kicked for using yellow, or having their names locked for being "Arnold Swarzenegger." Absolutely childish. Like giving a teenage mall cop the position of secretary of defense.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Who gives a shit? I do. I want to play myth. Spreading false rumors? Prove me wrong.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: I'm trying to make amends, and be a decent contributor, and to most of the people I don't even know who you are, you have given me grief the whole time for no reason.
That's great, and we appreciate it. Personally I think you've definitely toned down your posts somewhat over the past few months, this thread being the exception as it is somewhat borderline ;).

That said, Pyro's point stands. Even if it wanted to, Magma has no power over anything that happens at Mariusnet. People seem to infer there is some connection where none exists... Magma makes plugins, maps and updates the game. They don't have any part in the tech, policy or operation of Mariusnet or any other metaserver, so they're not the right people to talk to. I imagine through all the people you know in Myth you can get hooked up with the relevant people.
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: What exactly are the marius rules, because apparently everyone else except me is allowed to break them.
They are posted at great length on the Mariusnet site. I'm sure you can get someone to copy/paste them for you if you really want to know the nitty-gritty details, but I imagine you know them well enough.

In all seriousness though, I would suggest that you swallow your pride, go to Om or whomever and apologize for whatever you have done that they didn't like (if you don't know what it is, get them to clarify, humbly!) and ask to be allowed to have an account again. I imagine you'll be on a short leash but if you display good behavior I really don't think they're just "out to get you". Just stay a mile away from the line drawn out by the rules and there won't be any issues. It's generally when people start to try and push the line that they get bitten.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Tried that numerous times. Like I said, there were several months where I went without even playing or being near myth. Dude won't respond to me whatsoever.
Point

Post by Point »

thats a big crock of vegetables.... ;) be nice, play nice and have fun it simple easy and full of mythy goodness.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Oh right, the .filter command filters what you say, but I bet it is hardcoded to a specific set of words so it won't cover everything just the obvious/common ones.

You seem to think VR started all your arguments and then everyone came to his aid, but isn't the case. VR might have started some (after your many attacks to him, can you blame him?) but not all of them. If you think everyone here has some great respect for VR, you would be mistaken (some might). At times he says things some others here don't like and arguments get started. However, they never get to the extremes your arguments with him do. So they are not coming to his aid (some might). They come because you've annoyed them enough with your posts.

Actually I recall now what was the thing that set the Mnet admins off to make a perma-ban specially for you. You photoshoped some screenshot to have an admin say something they didn't. It wasn't even the first time you had done it and it annoyed PPE enough to be the one to ban you. So while that wasn't the only thing you had done it was sort of a final straw for them since earlier bans didn't change your ways.

Since your ban was a special one done by PPE, Om won't be able to undo it. You would need to make your case to PPE as Om is just following through with what PPE wishes. So even if by some chance you were able to change your ways and somehow on top of that convince Om to give you a chance, Om's hands would still be tied.

No one is above the Mnet rules, but if an admin isn't around to spot it of course they will get away with it. Kind of like speeding. Lots of people speed, but once a cop is nearby they slow down. If one of those people decided to continue (or start) to speed even with the presence of the cops, then those idiots have only themselves to blame when they get pulled over and fined. Only a few people keep getting in trouble with Mnet admins, so its not an issue for the entire community, just the small pool of players that provoke the admins or are already "serving" their time.