Please don't remove the "drunken sat-laying dorfs" - It's just wrong...

Talk about anything here.
ducky

Post by ducky »

On some rare occasions, a dwarf will lay a "bad satchel" that explodes on laying. In the 3496357 years I've played this game, this has happened to me twice; the first occurence appearing on Magma's TFL solo, "Ambush at Devil's Overlook," while we were laying a satchel field for the whole group of souls.

Now, I've had many a good laugh while playing this game, but that was the fucking funniest moment of them all. I almost died.

In short, please don't attempt to 'fix' this glorious feature, as I'm sure any other player lucky enough to witness the event will enjoy it (and if they don't, it probably serves them right).

Thanks,
Ducky

ps- the other time was on cracks in the middle of a line of troops just out of UT. We managed to play on despite BC whining all game, and we won anyway.

Post by »

Sounds more like a dwarf with really bad gas :D
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
teepens

Post by teepens »

ducky wrote:In short, please don't attempt to 'fix' this glorious feature, as I'm sure any other player lucky enough to witness the event will enjoy it (and if they don't, it probably serves them right).

Best I ever heard about was a ghol picking up a flaming dorf bottle, chucking it back at the dorf and killing it. That would have been funny to see, hehehe

Edited By teepens on 1082601351
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

I thought ghols were supposed to extinguish flaming bottles when they picked them up
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

heh...that musta been hilarous, Teeps. I wonder if I try that in games, if it'd ever work. I can tell my ghols are already getting scared that the opportunity of dying time after time, until they finally get it right.
teepens

Post by teepens »

haha, it would be very interesting... obviously, something you can't do with regular myth 2 bottles, just cause they're made with such thin glass they practically 'splode everytime ;)

Post by »

I did this once, I was able to field a puss packet flying through the air. I've never been able to do it again...
Plus, after I picked it up I tried to throw it and it blew up in my face...course it could've been the near by duff bottle affecting it too. :D
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe yep. That duff bottle ghol thing actually happened to me, a long time ago. And no, the bottle isn't extinguished - the ghol can carry it about as long as it wants, and the bottle will be in lit form when thrown :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder