Soundtags again - Since I am not allowed to reply

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Cubic Circle

Post by Cubic Circle »

I used SoundApp to convert a soundfile to 22hZ mono AIFF using IMA encoding, but it still didn't work... Is IMA and IMA 4:1 different things? How would you recommend I go about?
lank

Post by lank »

it definitely needs to be IMA 4:1

soundapp afaik should be able to do that. because it's soundapp, i assume you're on a mac... are you n osx or 8/9?

btw, if you register for an account, you'll be able to reply in your threads. there's no cost and less pain if you do. :)
*toot*
Cubic Circle

Post by Cubic Circle »

Eh, I uhm, I bought one of those new G4 comupters, but I haven't gotten it yet. It has to be assembled and ferried on a shrimp boat or something. So, right now I am on some system below 8. ^_^
It is amazing what things I can do with such an obsolete computer.

On my version of SoundApp, there is an option of IMA encoding, but none for IMA 4:1. Maybe I should get a new version?

Maybe I can enlist some people to help me out with my current TC project... Then they could fix my sound propblems for me. I am also poor at doing scripting and levels. Infact, the only thing I can do is creating Collections with Amber and turining them into functioning units using Fear.
So far my project includes 13 new units.
None usuing any 3D-program, all drawn.
They look cartoonish, and have only four views. :)
Jinsei wa geemu da
lank

Post by lank »

you can get soundedit 16, which is an old classic app that i know can encode in IMA 4:1

you can download it here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/updates/SE16v207.hqx

another option is quicktime pro, if you have registered quicktime on your system. that can also export in the format you want, though it's not geared to be an explicit sound editor like the one above.

good luck with the sounds, and good luck also with your project. :)
*toot*