Promotion: CivilWars - beta testing, anyone?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hello,

I just finished a plugin I made several months ago. Its a mixture of EPIC (by the godless mapmakers) and BLUE & GREY (by IronDuke). The idea is controlling the maximum possible amount of units per player, where the units themselves and the terrain are smaller than they are in usual myth.
There are 3 usual multiplayer maps that come in 2 different versions and one "special map" that gave me the idea to the Scenario Multiplayer Mappack.
If anybody is interested in betatesting or playing, I uploaded the plugin with some screenshots here:

CivilWars
(Remember that this is a free server and has limited bandwith. Also the page itself is very ugly.)

I would be glad about some feedback.

rgds,
Phex.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Shrinking the unit size! That is simply genius. Its the flip side of increasing resolution. Usually I avoid TCs, but since IronDuke units look so amazing and your screenshots of the action, well, I'm downloading now.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I am working on a similiar map right now with reg units. I shrank the units half size. It works good and the units look normal. Only thing that I was bummed about was the limit of I think it was 220 units without probs. Thats what I was told anyway when I asked about max units for a map. That is 400 I think. When I started making the units/map I was hoping to get about 1000 units. With the small units you can, it seems like, zoom way out so you could see all the units. The smaller than I hoped number of units has made me put that map on the back burner.
Phex I know you are building a B&G map, but if you would like to build a reg map I have alot of units finished at the half size (all the tags that go with them.) If you would like them I could send them to you. Save you some work.
Mb the Magma ppl could increase the number of units. Since smaller units is a cool idea and it would be alot of fun to have huge armies. Also most ppl have faster comps now and they could prob handle 1000 or more units. Think about it Magma.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Hey Phex, You have similiar ideas to some I have. The smaller units and the scenario idea. Mb we could work together on some maps. I have lots of ideas but working alone everything takes so much time. I have plans for some maps with the small units. One is (on 2 player mode) to have a bunch of small villages. Each team starts with a small army. They send units to the villiages on their side of their Kingdom(map) Then they get reinforcements from that town.
Another on the same map is for each team to start with their full armies. The peasants in the different villages are assasin targets. Which are uncontrollable until a players unit gets to them. Then the peasants come under the players control. To move them to a safe place. So you have to save your peasants while trying to invade the other teams villages and kill their peasants.
Another on the same map is to have mb 8-10 teams each with their own small town. Then it could play out like Risk. After you took a town by either killing the owner team or pushing them away from a town. Or mb a few ctf flags spread around a town would work when you captured them all the other team would be eliminated. The conquering team would then get reinforcements. So in a long enough game it could finish with just 2 teams both with large armies fighting for the most land. As you know with the small scale a normally large map is gigantic.
Anyway let me know if you would like to work together on some maps.
Phex

Post by Phex »

@SamTheButcher: I have sent you a private message with my email adress.