Yet again two fear questions - bullet mess, yellow rings

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phex

Post by Phex »

I have two questions concerning fear:

1) When a poacher (or soldier) shoots and the bullet hits the mesh, a little black dot is drawn on this point similar to a dwarven bottle explosion, only smaller.
How can I turn this off or change the picture drawn on the mesh?

2) How can I change the size / color / shape of the yellow rings that appear when a player moves his units. I saw them being changed in 'Autumn Recon' to a shiny green.
It also seemed as if they changed the color of the selection boxes from yellow to red. I would be interested in how this effect can be achieved.

Thank you for your help,
Phex.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]1) I know I can change it but dont know it step by step so I wont try to explane it but I know there are a few ppl around here that will.

2) Right up my alley since im the one that edited it for AR and WR :)

Open the "internal standard interface" collection and start editing the bitmaps (you can dl the collection here)

The bitmaps are obvious but the colors are a little tricky at first so I made this.[/color]
Phex

Post by Phex »

Thank you SCORCH, this is very helpful!
Is there also a way to resize these bitmaps like you can do it with object tags? Making them smaller as bitmaps means to lower their resolution and make them look ugly.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]I would have to say no but im not sure, as far as I know nothing ells will regulate them.[/color]