Mazz VI: Wisdom of the Mancers

Talk about anything here.
Archer

Re: Mazz VI: Wisdom of the Mancers

Post by Archer »

So long as the Striders (and, presumably, Demos) don't devet if you select None instead of Level 2 when they're past the point they'd normally level at I'd just add a note about it in the guide and leave it at that. That's the only case I can see serious enough to warrant a fix; the ability to switch back to Level 2 means that temporarily deleveling to use a crystal isn't a big problem.

Likewise with the Mancer issue; it's a problem, but with the ability to drop mana crystals (and then pick them back up), it doesn't necessarily need fixing. Though I do have to restate my request for the Electromancer inventory swap (putting Volt on an inventory slot where she won't do much damage if the controlling player doesn't catch her before she proceeds to her next attack, probably Missile).

How did the rest of the game go?

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

I cant get MS WORD to stop viewing the mazz 6 download as a word doc so I cant add the patch. lol. Any solutions?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Right click save target as. Ta-da! If it saves it as some sort of text file just change the extension to .omp which is what OmniPatch uses (or will use when updated).

EDIT: This was my 1337th post. :o
Last edited by Pyro on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pompey

Post by pompey »

Son of a bitch.

CP... I swear. I have newborn twins to take care of now and 20 minutes to read the PM forums is an almost inexcusable luxury, let alone the 3+ hours to play a game of Mazz. So of course, NOW you choose to get v3 going.

Fine, well when my boy and girl are crying out in hunger and frustration while their daddy is busy cursing the mort splashing him, you'll know who's to blame.

... Can a woman extra-divorce her husband for gross child negligence or is there only the regular version?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Congratulations, Pompey! And I have a solution for you: Pyro and Electro. As the Mancers require skills built up over a life time, it's never too young to get them started playing.

Seriously though, fatherhood is the greatest joy, and you get it double! I remember how overwhelming just one baby was at first, but it does eventually get easier. Priorities change and all that, but it if you want it, in a few months you'll find time to ease back into playing a little. Just have a buddy ready to take your units during the inevitable late night feedings and diaper changes. :shock:

Besides, who said you're ever going to last an hour again, never mind three?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Archer, the rest of the game went as expected; we lost before any white thrall arrived.

I will see if moving volt is viable.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Pompey you quit playing long before the twins and never check your MSN anymore.

Crispy - we played last nite thrall giving 2 vets seemed a bit excessive(unless it was for testing purposes) since Paladin was vet after 1 HB at start and FG was lvl2 full vet at like 20 minutes. Just my 2c
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Yea it's a known bug that was unintended.
pompey

Post by pompey »

Deqlyn wrote:Pompey you quit playing long before the twins and never check your MSN anymore.
It's true, I haven't taken any time for Myth lately, but Hey, I'm still on MSN sometimes. Just usually unconscious if I'm not changing diapers or making the house habitable.
ChrisP wrote:Congratulations, Pompey! And I have a solution for you: Pyro and Electro. As the Mancers require skills built up over a life time, it's never too young to get them started playing.

Seriously though, fatherhood is the greatest joy, and you get it double! I remember how overwhelming just one baby was at first, but it does eventually get easier. Priorities change and all that, but it if you want it, in a few months you'll find time to ease back into playing a little. Just have a buddy ready to take your units during the inevitable late night feedings and diaper changes. :shock:
Thanks, it's been a ride so far. Yeah I'll get them practicing, hopefully my girl isn't as much of a biatch as Djazel is, but we'll just see.
ChrisP wrote:Besides, who said you're ever going to last an hour again, never mind three?
:cry:

Incidentally since I haven't played v3 yet, when you say "additional enemy units" do you just mean there are more of the same, rather than new types of opponents? Also, am I to understand that the cycles of spawns are now more randomized a la Mazz < 6?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Deqlyn, yes, the thrall were set up that way for testing purposes when I left off on the plugin years ago and I forgot about it.

Pompey, additional units as in more of the same, and no, I haven't really done anything to randomize waves more, however, the fact that some of the waves are now a lot larger should change things somewhat.

In other news, I don't have a new beta ready yet, but only because I'm working on some interesting changes that should spruce things up a bit. I should have the next beta ready in a few days.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Chris you coming online tonight?

Also, I keep forgetting about this bug. The Pyromancer's level 1 Fireball does not hone in on enemies like the level2 and 3 do. This makes it incredibly hard to level compared to the Electromancer. The Pyro is already more difficult to level than the Ele. That should definitely be fixed.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

LOL, maybe it was made like that on purpose.. it is level 1 you know.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Pyro wrote:LOL, maybe it was made like that on purpose.. it is level 1 you know.
Seconded.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

That would make sense, except the Electromancer's level 1 attack is honing, and he has a much easier time leveling up than the Pyro does.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Who cares if it is a little more work in comparison. It is still easy to level with all those spells the pyromancer can use. Let him have a wave or two and that should help enough. Besides, the electromancer's magic missle is slow and not that strong as a level 1.