Friggin windows key on xp

Talk about anything here.
igmo

Post by igmo »

so, i might be making progress on that bluescreen issue... but in the process, i hit my friggin window key while playing.

this of course sent me to the all important start menu (not like it doesnt have a permanet button on the desktop or anything - so retarded.) and when i returned to myth i had lag and some video artifacts relating to text (but didn't crash!).

i have previously hacked my registry to disable that key. is there another way? must i always fear my big fat worker's thumb mashing down windows each time i change or set presets?
chazo

Post by chazo »

iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

actually we found out today how to make Myth ignore the key, but only if you enabled DirectInput in Control Prefs (which causes input lag for many people - if it doesn't for you then go with it).

This feature will be in 1.5.1. Now to stop AIM forcing itself to the foreground when someone messages you...
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I dunno why but accidentally hitting the windows key has never been a problem for me.
igmo

Post by igmo »

iron wrote:This feature will be in 1.5.1. Now to stop AIM forcing itself to the foreground when someone messages you...
ok, here's what you do about aim.... uninstall it! (just like messenger) :)

an i will smite you and all your children for 7 generations if you say 1.5.1 again.

please find a new hobby (seriously)