green berets patched, myth doesn't work

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
killerking

green berets patched, myth doesn't work

Post by killerking »

Allright people,

I encountered a problem with my green berets patch, but I'll first explain how I patched my green berets.

Green Berets came with version 1.0 files, that could be used directly. There were also updates to version 1.1 on the CD, but those only worked with pluginpatcher for windows (omnipatcher didn't work and there was no macosx pluginpatcher). So I downloaded pluginpatcher.zip to my mac, unzipped it and putted it on my mp3 player. After that I restarted my computer to windows (I use boot camp) and searched the files, putted their path in the boxes, klicked apply 4 times and copied all the 'patched' files to my mp3 again. I patched 4 files, and renamed them this way:
GB_(Patch 1.3)V1.1
GB_MultiMeshes_V1.1
GB_MultiMythOveride_V1.1
GB_SoloMeshes_V1.1
After that, I removed the 1.0 green berets files from my plugin map and stored them somewhere else. After that I putted my 1.1 files in my plugins map and tried to start up myth. But what does it say?
Could not find all the required patch files.
Please re-install the 1.5.1 update.
Now, when I put the 1.0 green berets files in my plugin map, I can play again. What did I do wrong?

I go download the 1.5.1 update again now, but I doubt it'll help a thing.

Killerking.

OH JESUS I'M SO *CRUISER* STUPID, I JUST NEEDED TO RENAME THE PATCH FILE TO PATCH 1.3 OMG :( .

damn this sucks now I can't view my 1.0 replays anymore.

LOL they pumped up the green berets health but you still can't heal yourself in single man elimination.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i haven't played green berets in a while, but last time I played it (a year or more ago) I just installed another Myth II from the Green Berets install CD - so it 1.3 but I was doing it to replay the solo missions so, I didn't need mariusnet access or 1.4/.5/.6 features
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
killerking

gb

Post by killerking »

vinylrake wrote:i haven't played green berets in a while, but last time I played it (a year or more ago) I just installed another Myth II from the Green Berets install CD - so it 1.3 but I was doing it to replay the solo missions so, I didn't need mariusnet access or 1.4/.5/.6 features
I have no cleu why you did that, because I can play green berets fine with 1.6. But I was talking about an green berets patch. But they made somekind of thing with pluginpatcher, because otherwise they would needed to replace all CD's by updated ones, which costs alot of money. Now here are some differences between GREEN BERETS version 1.0 and 1.1:

Green berets and ARVN soldiers have more health
Units do not longer vet up so good that they can keep shooting without pause :( .
In the mission in which you get the heuy and have to defend pow's your guys do no longer regenerate health friking fast, they do not regenarate at all anymore.
Allmost all the vietcong units have less health now, so grenades have more use now, and viet cong's throw alot more grenades so they keep fucking me up when I come to close :(

And things that havn't changed
I still can't heal myself in single man elimination :( .

That's what I noticed in 1 day.

Killerking.
killerking

green berets patches

Post by killerking »

If anybody wants it, I can send them the patch files so they can update to green berets version 1.1. I don't know if there are more patches, if there are please tell me.

Killerking.
vinylrake

Re: green berets patches

Post by vinylrake »

killerking wrote:If anybody wants it, I can send them the patch files so they can update to green berets version 1.1. I don't know if there are more patches, if there are please tell me.

Killerking.
not sure which version I have - but if 1.1 was not what was on the CD in the official packaging then I probably have 1.0.

if you could zip em up and send 'em to vinylrake AT gmail.com that would be swell.

thanks.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
killerking

Re: green berets patches

Post by killerking »

vinylrake wrote:
killerking wrote:If anybody wants it, I can send them the patch files so they can update to green berets version 1.1. I don't know if there are more patches, if there are please tell me.

Killerking.
not sure which version I have - but if 1.1 was not what was on the CD in the official packaging then I probably have 1.0.

if you could zip em up and send 'em to vinylrake AT gmail.com that would be swell.

thanks.
I'll send the files to you. Sended