Heh.

Talk about anything here.
Site Admin

Heh.

Post by Death's Avatar »

Blades wrote:Currently, there is no supported multi-player metaserver for Myth III, however this looks to change in the early part of 2008 when a new, independent metaserver service will launch. We will have more details on this as they become known.
lolololololol.

http://elusivemind.net/index.php/projects/myth

Im as shocked as anyone else to learn there is no m3 metaserver!
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Just when you thought Blades left the community for good...
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

I guess when he says "supported" he means supported by him?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

hehe..

too bad m3 kinda sux it:)

i mean it had tons of potential.. but something about the unit models just sucked hardcore. and the crappy angles the flying bodies landed at.. lots of bad ugly bugs happen.

A few levels were quite fun tho - dorf levels, crypt of mazz, etc..

Honestly I would like to see m2 with 16 bit color, twice or 4x the mesh resolution, and with the limits raised.

That is ALL it would take for the next myth game to come out - contrary to popular belief the myth engine is NOT outdated - just needs higher res stuff for the better machines out there that COULD put 10,000 sprites on a map at once without significant slowdown.

I salivate at thinking how much those small engine modifications (compared to the budgets that games have nowadays) would completely re-invigorate the game.

-ooga
Industry

Post by Industry »

I always thought the 400 unit limit was a limitation of how many objects the AI could successfully parse and move in a single main loop.
(Hmm, Which I guess would have also sped up quite a bit since a P100 with 32Mb of RAM...)
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

who cares, there is probablt between 10 and 20 people reading this blog every day
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Shit, he's like a cockroach. He just won't die. Die, dammit! DIE!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Industry wrote:I always thought the 400 unit limit was a limitation of how many objects the AI could successfully parse and move in a single main loop.
(Hmm, Which I guess would have also sped up quite a bit since a P100 with 32Mb of RAM...)
It's 400 because the people here won't realize that if anyone is still using 32megs of ram and a 100mhz processor you need to be buying a computer anyway.

YOU CAN BUY A COMPUTER 3 YEARS OLD FOR ABOUT 100 BUCKS COME ON RAISE THE DAMN LIMITATIONS!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I have never played Myth on a computer that couldn't handle thousands of objects being on screen at once.
Myth only ever started chug-chug-chugging when I unpaused it and it had to calculate what the hundreds of monsters would be doing next.

PS. Oh Blades, you dirty cocksucker. Can't you just.... DISAPPEAR??
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Oh, don't blame him so much. He has been doing a good work for these years. Although, maybe he should really disappear now... :wink:
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I agree with you on that one godz - the only reason the limitations havent been raised however is because it would change the minimum system requirements.

Isnt that a stupid reason? The min specs back then were dinosaurian. My god.

That tiny little thing is holding myth back so freaking much.

-ooga
zach

Post by zach »

how many people really have a comp with those specs i mean really.. no one intrested in gaming is still running a machine with those specs besides i dont think a comp like that would still be working honestly how many comps really make it 10 years with little add ons
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

zach wrote:how many people really have a comp with those specs i mean really.. no one intrested in gaming is still running a machine with those specs besides i dont think a comp like that would still be working honestly how many comps really make it 10 years with little add ons
I have a newer computer I use as my main computer, but my backup computer is the one I used to play Myth II on in 1999, it's still running fine, and it still runs Myth II fine.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Same here. 233 MHz, baby!

Not that I'm saying I'd oppose raising the limits, mind you. I'm more than happy to play Myth on my newer computers. I still only run Myth 1.3 on the old one anyway.
The cake is a lie.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

admit it, it's 2007 and computers are waaaaaaaaay better than in 1998....
we need to start thinking of myth as in 2007, not as in 1998
if not we reduce the players to the nostalgia market and vintage collectibles

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.