Undead units...

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

While talking with my fellow Idiotsâ„¢ buddies,
We started wondering what actually made undead units vulnerable to healing.

I figured its the healing fraction set to 0.000, yet, there is a flag in monster flags that says "is undead" What is this? In myth it clearly says that healing kills undead units instead of giving them health.

I was wondering if it was a "feature" removed with 1.4 / 1.5 because it was useless.

My other question is about deceiver charm spell that doesnt affect undead units. Where does one set the option so that you can or cant be charmed?
Road

Post by Road »

As far as I know undead units have health reduced from healing...it still was in 1.5.1 as far as I recall. If its set to 0.0 then nothing will happen...as far as I know its the one and only reason to make units as "undead".
The charmed featured are on the map themselves. Basically we add the unit to the monster script with all possible team #s so any unit with a 0 and a 1 can be charmed. Just add it as another team unit and you dont need to place the unit (look at any map that allows D to turn units, itll have "fetch0" and a "fetch1" even though there are no "fetch1" on map).
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

The undead flag, as far as I can recall, did nothing. It was always the 0 healing fraction that caused them to die.

I believe Bungie put the undead flag there in order to trigger the (also unused) "Attack Order vs Undead" and "Caused Death of Enemy Undead" monster sounds. Edit: actually "Caused Death of Enemy Undead" is used.

As Road said, the charmed spell works only on units that exist on the mesh as belonging to your team as well as the enemy's. If you open Relic in Loathing, you'll see that there's an entry on team zero for small krids, fetch and maul but not for soulless, large krids or mandrake plants.

Edited By iron on 1113450804
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Road

Post by Road »

Isnt there also attacks that work vs undead only tags?
lank

Post by lank »

i think that the units to be made susceptible to charming must be susceptible to confusion damage type as well.

no, there are no attacks that work vs undead only. there are giant vs normal sized attacks (which is why trow punch forest giants, krid giants and each other but kick everything else).
*toot*
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Just to clarify, yeah it is the zero healing that unheals anything. And Thrall's object's tag has zero for confusion so even if they had Thrall for team 0 & 1 they cannot be binded.

-Pyro ... I return from the darkness... the spark of fire awoke me :)