Old Timer - coming in for a landing...

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
blue

Old Timer - coming in for a landing...

Post by blue »

Hey All, wondering how to get things back up and running with Myth II here.

I've got like *all* the CDs, Total Codex, original release, Myth II Worlds, etc. But I cannot get my current iMac (Big Sur) to recognize the CDs through a superdrive. Seems Apple deprecated the Mac OS Standard disk format from the last few releases.

Any less invasive way to get this on here, other than finding an antique Mac, installing there and moving a set of files?

Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated.

Blue (aka "bloo" from playmyth, evil inc., etc.)
blue

Re: Old Timer - coming in for a landing...

Post by blue »

Reason I'm asking is I'm hoping to introduce my 10 & 11 yr old to Myth. =)
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

If you know where it look it's not hard finding a copy online. I can't speak to why the CDs might not be recognizable, but is there any chance you have a backup somewhere of a full install of the game? You would not need the CD if that's the case.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
akula65

Post by akula65 »

You might want to see this thread for information on what files are required for a manual install: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5065

Note that you don't actually have to be able to read the CD-ROM on the machine you doing the install on, but you will need some (not necessarily Mac) machine to copy the files off of the CD-ROM onto portable media (USB drive, portable hard drive, etc.) or a network drive that is accessible from your Mac.

Note also the comment from a recent Mac user in the same thread who had to install into the Applications folder in order to get Myth II to work. The location where you try to put the installation can apparently make a difference.