Berserker error in TFL?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Bagrada

Berserker error in TFL?

Post by Bagrada »

Hello, I have noticed upon playing the newly-downloaded version of TFL that Berserkers are not responding at all to the difficulty slider. Basically I skipped ahead to Forest Heart to play that mission for some nostalgia, and the 4 Berserkers at the start wiped the floor with the Trow and all the Myrmidons, on Normal mode, without taking any casualties. "Hmm, I don't remember what difficulty I used to play this on," I thought, so I restarted the mission in Legendary mode, and the outcome was the same. I even took 2 Berserkers and wiped out all the Myrmidons and the Trow by the bridge at the start. This only seems to affect Berserkers, as I tried Crows Bridge on multiple difficulties, and in Timid the Warriors near the bridge can kill all of the initial Thrall with ease, whereas in Legendary they get butchered.

So it seems this may be a peculiar sort of bug? Is this a known issue? It renders the missions with Berserkers in somewhat pointless :cry:
Jeoku

Re: Berserker error in TFL?

Post by Jeoku »

Did you patch the game to the current version? You can find it on here or on the Project Magma website. I am wondering if something is installed incorrectly or maybe a tag file was changed. You could consider uninstalling and deleting all the plugins (copy them somewhere else for the meantime) and installing again.
Bagrada

Post by Bagrada »

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for not being clear in my initial post. I don't have TFL on disc so I downloaded Myth II then the TFL levels plugin. Everything seems up to date, Myth II is v1.8.3, and I tried reinstalling it to no avail. I checked in Myth II and Berserkers have the same issue there, even on Legendary they tank an insane amount of damage and 1 Berserker can almost kill a Trow one-on-one. I would say the problem is the difficulty is not changing despite my selection, but for other units it does seem make a difference, it's just Berserkers that aren't affected and presumably are always treated as being in 'Timid' (although, even in Timid, should 1 Berserker be able to go toe-to-toe with a Trow on his own?!). Changing the difficulty in Willow Creek, for example, caused a huge difference in the number of Ghasts.

Edit: Just noticed your username, love your Myth videos on Youtube!
Last edited by Bagrada on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmp

Post by hmp »

Sounds like you most likely have some edited tags in your local folder. If so delete them and that will fix the issue. The only other thing that sounds possible is that you have some other plugin activated.
Bagrada

Post by Bagrada »

hmp wrote:Sounds like you most likely have some edited tags in your local folder.
That was it! Thanks for pointing that out, I completely missed it. Never been so happy to see a Berserker explode from a Trow kick!