scripting problems

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
balor13

scripting problems

Post by balor13 »

I have trouble in scripting getting the player to lose cause when he does nothing happens
I have tried dark victory flag I have tried dark victory with failure flag I have also tried plain old failure and light victory with failure
p.s. all the time I use failure in the third box I have tried all the combonations with true and false in the third box
balor13

Re: scripting problems

Post by balor13 »

PLEASE HELP ME.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

be patient young grasshopper, not everyone is monitoring the forums 24 hours a day.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

All you need is the dark victory flag. Don't use the failure flag--that is used to send the player to a secret level. Make sure you're activating the endgame action?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

vinylrake wrote:be patient young grasshopper, not everyone is monitoring the forums 24 hours a day.

And the few people that might are pretending like they aren't.

To add to what A-Red has said. You need to trigger that map action. For example, if you have a Test Unit action marked as "Initially Active" that tests to see if all of the player units are dead would be one action you could use. When it succeeds it triggers the Endgame action for a "dark victory". Technically you don't even need the Dark Victory Flag because the action assumes that unless the Light Victory Flag is placed.

Actions don't just activate themselves, they need to be activated by others. Only actions with "Initially Active" will active when the map loads. Those are the ones that start the script going and eventually activate others.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

A good piece of advice would be to open up some bungie maps and read their scripting to see how they've set certain sequences of things up.

You should also read through Ares and A-Reds scripting tutorials. Both available on the tain.