Myth and the new dawn... - Myth 11 1.5  myth iii   etc...

Talk about anything here.
Point

Post by Point »

People should realize first that they can still play 1.4 and probably 1.3 versions of myth... 1.5 is a vast improvement in many ways and the beta test version is just that, no one is forceing you to help bug hunt on it... but if you enjoy the game and want its player base to grow and map makers to still have options to expand and better the game both in playbility and staying power then help out find what your want improved or what you think is not working and catalog it email it save films.. the 1.5 team has done great at addressing bugs and outstanding at incorporating many suggestions from the community. Many great things that map makers of the past just dreamed of doing with out crashing the engine.. and folks now it dont crash when those ideas are realized in the battle field.. The graphics are better the game play is as great as it has always been and the door for future improvements and expansion are available now that might help stimulate what has become a dimished community since bungie abandoned myth.. So report bugs have fun and look to the future of the game.

help make the new versions of myth better so the community can grow.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

To be completely honest, I am REALLY suprised how many people have tried out the 1.5 public beta #1, and how much useful feeback we've gotten. Whether Acheron believes it or not, he's part of what'll make 1.5 a great patch. Point, I appreaciate your support of the patching and upgrading of the Myth series, but I don't want to push an idea of alienating anyone. People aren't meant to be scared of a public beta, but rather welcomed to try it.

Remember, a public beta could have been released MONTHS ago. The private beta testers, the programmers, and others have been slogging through the Myth II version 1.5 patch for quite some time. If we released one of the older builds as a public beta, people would be really frightened at how rough on the edges it was. The first public beta, and the second one have been, IMHO, quite versatile, and stable. Project Magma didn't release a beta that early beacuse it'd scare people away. These near release candidate betas have had countless hours of work, beta testings and programming, done to them, but they still could use the many more hours of testing that the whole Myth II community could give them. To be honest, one of the thank yous in the readme, should a open on to all the people who helped bug test the public betas.

I'm really glad of the help, bug testing and reporting, that has been done, and I can only hope for similar work and progress on public beta #2.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

gotta love jumping the bandwagon...

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard