Oddities and Problems with Myth 1.5.1 - Vairous concerns for 1.5.1

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Infinityrays

Post by Infinityrays »

Currently I'm using a 20" iMac G5, and today downloaded the update to 1.5.1
the symptoms that I'm getting are as follows:

The Mouse disspears (sometimes) on the 'Myth II main Page'.

When the Mouse is working :D I go and start the game so I can play, so I go to "new game" then hey presto the game does the Journal commentary and then the Map loads, at the end of the Load it QUITS Myth II totally every time.

Anyone else experiancing these problems besides me?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Myth will have created a file called myth_log.txt in its folder. Can you cut & paste the contents of it here please, as that will help us understand what's going on with your machine.

Edit: Also check & see if it created a Crash Log (under Libraries/Logs/CrashReporter beneath your home folder). If so, open it up then cut & paste the part under "Thread 0 Crashed" to the forum here. The more info the better chance we can help you out :)

Edited By iron on 1112060143
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
felixRex

Post by felixRex »

Installed the updater for macosx, in the chat room all games display as games that i do not have, gimble, recon etc. cant play
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

That could be because a lot of people haven't updated yet. Do the games show as 1.5.0 or 1.5.1?
Samsara

Post by Samsara »

felixRex both fixed his problem and was refering to red 1.5.1 games.
(AKA Captain Trips, Amadeus)
Infinityrays

Post by Infinityrays »

iron wrote:Myth will have created a file called myth_log.txt in its folder. Can you cut & paste the contents of it here please, as that will help us understand what's going on with your machine.

Edit: Also check & see if it created a Crash Log (under Libraries/Logs/CrashReporter beneath your home folder). If so, open it up then cut & paste the part under "Thread 0 Crashed" to the forum here. The more info the better chance we can help you out :)

Ok heres the myth_log.txt contents.....

2005-03-29 09:43:02
Myth II Build 258 running under MacOS 1038

Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Closing Myth.

---------------------------------

As of crash log..............

Nothing so far...... Quite Odd!
Oh and the game does display on the "main page" 1.5.1
On a side note, would it be advisable to do a re-install using the latest patch?
Smu

Post by Smu »

My problem is that I just can´t play myth2 anymore. 1.5.9 worked fine for me, but this new patch s l o w s my computer down when playing. I have tried different prefs, but it is not helping me. Any ideas what could I do?
CIK

Post by CIK »

Some of the preferences got reset, you may need to play with them. If that doesn't help repost here your myth_log.txt along with some specs about your system.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Smu could you also try removing your prefs altogether and see if that fixes the problem. Also what machine/operating system are you running it on? It seems DagorFunk has a similar issue under Win98.

Inf ... could you see if the files "international large install", "international small install", "large install", "medium install" and "small install" are present in your tags folder under the Myth II folder, and that they're readable (ie its not a file-prefs issue). I don't think that's the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.

Also are you playing the game in full screen or window'd mode?

Edited By iron on 1112135654
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Also Infinity - that myth_log.txt you posted has the message "Closing Myth". Hence it didn't crash. That message occurs if you hit the Quit button or it encounters a really unexpected error somewhere. Hmm.
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

I updated to Myth 1.5.1 for Mac OS X. I have an iMac DVse (400 MHz G3) running OS X 10.3.8 with 512 MB of RAM if anyone needs the tech specs of my system.

Fear doesn't boot up! I get this message:
The application "Fear" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Fear_><Fear_><InterfaceLib><>"

Any thoughts? Loathing works. Myth II boots up fine, all my prefs are still set, including my last multi-player settings.

Oh, and what's that pref about the CPU load for rendering all about?! Does it delegate more/most rendering to the GPU?
Waagh!
Infinityrays

Post by Infinityrays »

iron wrote:Smu could you also try removing your prefs altogether and see if that fixes the problem. Also what machine/operating system are you running it on? It seems DagorFunk has a similar issue under Win98.

Inf ... could you see if the files "international large install", "international small install", "large install", "medium install" and "small install" are present in your tags folder under the Myth II folder, and that they're readable (ie its not a file-prefs issue). I don't think that's the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.

Also are you playing the game in full screen or window'd mode?
Yeah there all present, as of the Log, yeah thats pretty interesting, but in the mean time I think I'll give a fresh re install a Go, I mean it won't hurt.
Infinityrays

Post by Infinityrays »

Ok I've done a Full Re-Install this time using the updater to do a Full install.
So after install, opened Myth II, do all the same things, the game just quits after a load. Besides that I gave looking at the myth_log.txt, which I came across this........

2005-03-30 17:18:03
Myth II Build 258 running under MacOS 1038
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_Classic
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running OpenGL at 1280 x 800, 16 bit
Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Error: Data Missing in bitmap_dialogs.c, line #1477: Unable to find dialog definiton '}^bR'.

I think that'll help heaps!
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Guest wrote:My problem is that I just can´t play myth2 anymore. 1.5.9 worked fine for me, but this new patch s l o w s my computer down when playing. I have tried different prefs, but it is not helping me. Any ideas what could I do?
Smu is on a Windows computer, but I don't know what OS. I think it's Windows2000 or XP, but I can't judge.

We tried puting him on software mode but with hi-rez and with low-rez but with his graphix card on, and he got about 15 fps. When he put it on 640x480 and software, it was unplayably bad to watch, but ran as smoothly as 1.5.1 beta (1.5.9) ran on max specs.

Tireces said he didn't like the plugin either, and Skyline, Tireces and I have advised Smu to re-install the game.
Smu

Post by Smu »

I removed Myth 2, but when I try to reinstall with custom install (everything but network only tag) it said:
An error occured during the move data process: -177
Component: Essential tags
File group: File: F:\setup\..\tags\small install

I tried it several times. Seems that my Myth games are played?
I am using Windows98