Hey guys, questons about your stuff

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

I recently was goofing around on the marathon story page, and asked about Myth for OSX, they linked me here. I almost pooped my pants when I saw what I think I saw. But I am not clear exactly on what is going on here.

Will the stuff you have here allow Myth II and Myth TFL work on my OSX mac?
What do I need to download/buy in order for it to work? (I not longer have any CDs, but I am willing to find them.)
It seems like you simply remade the Myth TFL campaign with the Myth II tools, so I will only need Myth II to play both campaignes, is this true?

How does net play work? Is Bungie.net still supporting it?
CIK

Post by CIK »

We do have both TFL & Myth II working fully under OS X. , both with OpenGL hardware accelleration. You will need your CDs to copy the required files off of to get started. Or just buy them on ebay for $5.

To get started I'd suggest just sticking with Myth II until we release our first full update for TFL within the next few weeks. TFL will run fine but it will take more work to get yourself a working setup. Since our current update doesn't contain all the old patch files you need.

Steps for Myth II:
Get the 1.5 installer and have it do a install using your Myth II CD. Then install the public beta of 1.5.1. If you want to play online make sure you click the server button and choose one of the existing myth servers. A fresh install tends to default to bnet on some systems.

In a few weeks we will release our final versions of TFL 1.5 & Myth II 1.5.1 and have installers that can take you to the current version right from the CD.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Some additional information:

Net play works better than ever but Bungie.net does not exist anymore. Nevertheless there are two alternative servers called PlayMyth and MariusNet. I recommend you to log in at PlayMyth, because there are a lot more people online for MII.

rgds,
- Phex.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

One more comment, yes, we have ported all of the solo and multiplayer maps (and the interface) from Myth TFL to Myth II, we have also added a feature to Myth II called vTFL (or virtual TFL), by turning this option on when starting a game, you turn on TFL units and physics. So with the combination of vTFL and the ported maps, and even the ported interface, it's possible to have a true TFL experience inside the Myth II engine. So you get everything great about TFL, with all the new goodies that Myth II has to offer, the best of both worlds really.

And vTFL isn't limited to just the maps we ported over from TFL, you can turn on this option with just about any plug and get TFL physics, pathfinding behavoir, and if the map uses standard myth II units, they will be replaced by TFL units, so you can play the Myth II solo campaign, or any other standard bungie map in a whole new way.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

Wow thanks alot for replying so fast, but I am still not clear on something.

If I go to ebay right now, do I have to buy Myth TFL and Myth II CD? Or just Myth II CD?

And the official Myth TFL thing isn't out yet, but is coming out very soon?

Edit:

I just checked ebay out a bit, what is Myth II worlds? Should I get that?
CIK

Post by CIK »

Myth II worlds was a release of Myth II done by Take2 after they acquired Myth II from Bungie. It contained the original Myth II stuff plus a ton of 3rd party maps made for Myth II. If you are going to buy something Myth II world would save you from downloading a bunch of maps possibility.

You will need the CD for each game you want to play. Now if you only want to play the solo levels from TFL for nostalgia then you may just want to download “The Fallen Levels” from our download page. It contains a very precise port of the TFL solo levels to Myth II. We have incorporated some TFL code into Myth II to allow the game to work very close to TFL.

If you want to play TFL 3rd party maps or join in TFL online games you will need the actual TFL game. At the moment the TFL community is pretty fragmented as to what version they are playing. We are hoping the 1.5 update will unify the small TFL community.
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

Oh, well I don't plan on playing much TFL online, I will stick to Myth II, but the solo levels is what I am in it for. So it looks like I just need Myth II worlds, which I just ordered. I can't wait.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

You may want to go ahead and sign up with playmyth.net for an account to play there. You can play unranked by signing up with a free email but to play ranked games you have to have a "non-free" email such as one provided by your ISP.
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

What? Why do they care if I have a free e-mail or not!? Can use a university e-mail?
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

By the way, cool avatar.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

They insist on a non-free email for ranked play as a means to try and stop people from cheating by having more than one account. And yes, OtA's avatar is kinda hypnotic :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

So does a @umn.edu mean anything to them?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

No idea :) You can but try & see what happens. Personally I think unranked is where you'll find the most enjoyable games anyway.

Edited By iron on 1107232294
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

you'll find the most enjoyable games in unranked if you like playing by yourself :)
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Twelve Motion

Post by Twelve Motion »

Wow I am so excited ... i remember playing Myth II online back when it first came out. Best RTS ever if you ask me.