Respawning Projectiles, more spawn points for unit - Can someone help me?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I'm working on a map and there's two things that I need help with one Is major, the other optional.

Major:

Respawning Projectiles - I've heard how to do this, but it just won't work for me....

Minor:

More Then One Respawn Point For Deathmatch - This I have no idea, if anyone has any ideas, speak up please.

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read, or reply to this topic.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

This is how I'd go about re-spawning projectiles.

To make sure you don't get too many projectiles, give your projectile a lifespan. Probably best to set it to be the same lifespan or a hair less than how often you want it to respawn at your spawn point.

Create a new projectile group that only has the projectile you want to respawn in it.

Dupe any monster and set it's death projectile group to be the new projectile group you just created.

Create a new unit and link it to your new monster.

Open up loathing and place your newly created unit on your map where you want the projectile to respawn.

Double click the unit and check the boxes "Detonates Immediately", "Respawns" and "Respawns via script".

Create a Unit control. Set it to expire on execution. We'll call it KillSpawnMonster
Add the monster you just placed to the control
Add the Kill Monster option.
Add a 1 for hard Death.

Create a Unit control. Make it initially active. Set its to never expire. Set trigger time to however often you want the items to appear like 60 seconds.
Add your monster to the Control
Set make unit visible
Activates on success (KillSpawnMonster) -- this is the one we just created.

That should give you Projectiles that spawn in the same place every 60 seconds.