Back in the day... - Scripting additions?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

Many moons ago, whilst pestering folks on the old Vista Cartel forums, a concern over a lack of a scripting option came up.

This concern was passing on current status to units. Someone wanted to swap a unit (I think the idea was to simulate a shape shifter) and that that new unit would have the same level of health.

It's been a LONG time since I tried scripting, so I've forgotten pretty much everything, but I guess there's no way of figuring out a unit's current health and then hurting another unit to match it.

Any thoughts? Would it be too much to ask to possibly create new scripting capabilities? If not, I have no idea what to request! Heheh.
Waagh!
lank

Post by lank »

there's a section of CTRL that can set the health level for a unit. if you have a set of TUNIs running and testing for health between x and y, you can perhaps use a MUNG to tell the ctrl what level of health to set the unit to.

as always with MUNGs, be careful. i would also advise getting feedback from a more experienced scripter than me before going ahead, unless you're pretty sure it won't break anything.
*toot*
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

Hey, lank, do you remember that particular discussion I was referring to? Do I have an uneccessarily tenacious memory for these things?

I'll give that a try sometime this week (I hope).
Waagh!
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Simulating a shape shifter would be much much easier now, with the artifact extensions that 1.5.0 introduced. You'd just give the unit an artifact that defined an override monster tag. Voila! The unit changes into a new one. The only restriction is that the override monster tag must share the original unit's collection.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
lank

Post by lank »

i do have vague memories of that, yes. :)

and whether or not your memory is unnecessarily tenacious depends only on how often it gets you into trouble. ;)

i neglected to mention the artifact shifting here because i was assuming that the different shapes wouldn't be sharing collections. assuming you can do that, it would certainly be the best way to go.
*toot*
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

Iron, lank: Thanks (as always)!
Waagh!