Picking up objects - same

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Ok I have another question along the same lines. I have tried a few things so far, and I am still trying. I don't want anyone to think I am being lazy and asking questions for someone else to do the work for me. I just figure while I am working on it maybe someone else already has the answer. Attack the problem on 2 fronts so to speak.
Question is. Now that I see that a GEOM test can be inserted into another command, and be put in the place of a mandatory field. Like we did with the arrows and the PICK command. Can this be done with the Mesh Cell Modifier command? So in the commands mandatory "mesh cells to affect" field. Instead of selecting the points. Can the points be inserted with the GEOM test results? I have tried a few things. I did the same as I did with the arrows. It didnt work, but maybe it needs a different field name. I tried obje,wayp,and pnts. Also one prob I had with the arrows was. I used the "tested items inside field name location" instead of the "tested items inside field name." Which one would be used for this? I know Attacks get the former and Pick up gets the ladder. I am going to keep trying different combinations, but if anyone can give me the answer. It would be much appreciated. Thanks
If I find the answer I will post it.