TFL monsters on SB maps?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nagelfar

Post by Nagelfar »

This is probably a simple thing to do, but I need some help. I have Topaz and disassembled/extracted The Fallen Levels into my local folders to try and get TFL monsters into edited SB maps. I was able to put them down in TFL maps (for example, play with Balor all the way through TFL. cheap, but some enterainment value ;-p) but when I deleted the meshes in the meshes folder, and used Loathing to add, say, Balor for Team 0 (your controllable characters) on a SB map, it crashes back to title screen right after loading. I tried to extract just the files needed for Balor to put in my local folder and it did the same thing after editing a SB level or two with Loathing. What all do I have to do to get this to work? Is there some conflict with the physics in SB & TFL that needs editing too? Thanks in advance
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

For taking any unit from one plugin to another, it is just a matter of having all the associated tags in your new local folder or plugin.

When your map crashes upon load up, open up 'Myth log' in your Myth folder. That will give you hints on what is missing. Add the missing tag or tags and repeat as many times as necessary.
Nagelfar

Post by Nagelfar »

But thats the thing, I extracted the entire plugin (TF levels) to my local, every last tag, and used loathing to put balor in a SB level and it still crashed.

But tomorrow I'll check my log after I do it, thanks.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Hmm... I think I know the problem. Many, many of the required TFL physics tags aren't in 'The Fallen Levels'; they are contained in the 'Unity Patch' located in your Myth folder. Simply extract the Unity Patch as you would any plugin, and combine the contents with your local.

One thing: Should you ever want to make a plugin for uploading, you definetly should weed out all the tags you're not using. Otherwise your file size will be many times larger than it needs to be.
Nagelfar

Post by Nagelfar »

Thanks. I think I got it after your log file advice, after I removed the TFL meshes from the local extraction, the collections & collection references tag folders had tags with TFL scripts pointing to SB levels which crashed them. I still haven't got it all worked through though, I think this is it. Otherwise to use balor alone as a minimal extraction, it keeps saying I need some 'bnpa' (or similar) named tag which I don't find with Topaz. Do the tags which are extracted themselves have separate 'tags' in them which myth reads individually or something?
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Could you be more specific with what tags the mythlog says you are missing?
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

First, use the Myth Log to determine what type of tag bnpa is, as in projectile, object, lightning or whatever. That tag has to be in either the Fallen Levels or the 1.5 Unity Patch. Use Fear and some guess work to figure out the right tag and include it in the local folder you're making your map from.