Plugin mystery

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

I recently created a plugin that modifies every .256 tag from Soulblighter, The Fallen Levels, and Chimera. When my coll. ref. folder is in the local folder it works fine. When compiled into a plugin it only alters .256 tags for Soulblighter; Chimera and TFL are unaffected. Why does this happen and does it have anything to do with the fact that TFL and Chimera are plugins? :?:
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hello Nameless,

I suppose the Chimera and TFL plugins are loaded after your plugin is loaded, so all your new collections are overwritten again by the collections saved in these plugins.
Find a way to let Myth load your plugin last so it will work I think.
The local folder is always loaded last, this is the explanation why it works when your tags are loaded via the local folder.

(I am not sure if the order of the plugins in the plugins menu is the loading order, but i would try it out if I were you)

- Phex
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hello,

Altough this topic is very old i am facing a similar problem right now. I have made a plugin based on blue&grey v2 by IronDuke with some modified tags. But I dont want to include all the other, unmodified tags of b&g, that would be a waste of space.
The trouble is: when I apply both my new plugin and b&g, my own tags are overwritten by the old b&g tags.
Is there any possibility to make a plugin that bases on another plugin work without including all the tags? What are the criteria for the plugin priorities?

Thank you for your help,
Phex.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Nobody got ANY idea? :(
Road

Post by Road »

Thats easy...just make the plugin name alphibitically higher. When MythII loads up stuff itll load starting from A to Z so if you want to override "WWII" you can make the plugin name "WWIIz" or "zWWII".
If you plan on changinging any of the collections that have been updated (1.5 I think replaces a few) you may need to find that header refferance if it doesnt use the same one. The lower bar in game was changed at one point after 1.3 so the collection that I used to replace that one doesnt work...I dont know if its because its useing a different header or if its because its a "patch".
Phex

Post by Phex »

It still does not work. I think this is because of the DELTA (triangle) that is linked to the b&g-plugin name. This must be the solution, because I could overwrite the b&g unit substitution by the WW2 unit substitution (and W alphabetically comes after B).

I think the triangle indicates a tagset, but i am not sure. Do you know how I can add a triangle to my own plugin's names?

rgds,
Phex.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

The triangle does indeed indicate a tagset. I believe if you build a plugin without including any mesh tags, the triangle will automatically appear.
Phex

Post by Phex »

It works now! Thank you both for helping me!

What I found out was following: you cant overwrite a tagset (indicated by a triangle) by a regular plugin, only by another tagset beginning with a letter that comes alphabetically later. If you want to include meshes, you have to compile them in another plugin.

rgds,
Phex.