Plugin does not work - plugin crashing on playmyth.net

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hey,

I will soon finish my first plugin. The only problem I am facing yet is the crashing of myth everytime I try to play online. All needed tags are in my local folder and in single player mode everything works fine. But when I try to start an online game on pmnet (the pregame screen shows quite well), myth crashes while loading the map with the following myth_log message:

Error: File system Open in .\Myth2Code\definitions.c, line #499: couldn't read header for mesh definition '30e0'.

Thank you for your help,
Phex.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Anything in your local folder is ignored when playing on a metaserver. You need to build an actual plugin with Fear, and activate it to play it on PlayMyth.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

What Myrd said... locals dont work online. Do it in a TCP/IP game and you'll be fine.. as it's run off your computer like solos are.. but pmnet and mnet ignore locals so that if you accidentally have a local in, and try to play a map with the same headers.. you dont go OOS with the others :)

If you're doing local tests.. keep it in solo mode, or build a plug every time (if its not a big local this isnt much of a problem :))
Phex

Post by Phex »

Ok, it works now. Thank you.

Phex.