Myth@Bungie.org relaunch, and looking for help with content

Talk about anything here.
Forrest

Myth@Bungie.org relaunch, and looking for help with content

Post by Forrest »

Hey everyone, it's been a while. Hope you've all survived this hell of a year okay.

As part of polishing up my portfolio to help me find new work in this awful job market, I've redone / am redoing the incomplete revision of Myth@Bungie.org that I started and then had to abandon some time back between 2008 and 2012. It's mostly complete now, except I still need to port over the Field Guides, which never got fully ported in the last redesign.

In the process of doing this, I noticed that we never had Field Guides for anything besides TFL, and barely ever got any Tip & Tricks articles for Mythmaster Central completed, only for two levels, also in TFL.

Both of those projects are basically just walkthroughs, the Field Guides showing off interesting sights and sounds, and the Mythmaster Tips & Tricks showing strategies for beating each level in up to four ways (the Standard Way, the Easy Way, the Quick Way, and the One True Way).

I was hoping I might recruit or crowdsource some help in writing up such walkthroughs, along with screenshots to illustrate them, for the rest of the levels of all of the Myth games. I definitely don't have time to do it all myself with all the work-hunting and other portfolio-polishing I'm doing, but I could do the final conversion to HTML and resize the images etc if need be, or provide a template for anyone who wants to do that themselves.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. There are tons of films on Mythmaster Central that can be used for source material for the Tips & Tricks if need be.

Thanks,
-Forrest
Point

Re: Myth@Bungie.org relaunch, and looking for help with content

Post by Point »

great work! ... add a link to game demo download and gos registration !!!
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Thanks and done. :-)
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Another thing that could be of great use is a nice big screenshot that really encapsulates the essence of Myth, to display alongside the main text of the front page. Anyone want to submit some suggestions?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
killerking

Post by killerking »

Hi Forrest,

I think that a long time ago I submitted a walkthrough for 'into the breach' to you. I'm quite familiar with all the myth ii coop levels, but at this point in time i'm not sure what value written walkthroughs would have. I think the audience for them is really small?
Always loved the web page though, great work! Had a lot of fun reading about the different easter eggs in all the levels (i.e. the fisherman in the forge :D ).

Best,
Killerking
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but I am familiar with your website and thought this may be an interest to you anyways. If nothing else, this is the most appropriate forum to post it in. Use it as you please, or not at all. I imagine at least one person will find this interesting which will have made it worth scanning and uploading.

It's amazing the things one will keep, over two plus decades, and two big moves...
Attachments
TFL Key References.jpg
TFL Key References.jpg (422.99 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
RAM Mail Address.jpg
RAM Mail Address.jpg (199.91 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
RAM Fill Out.jpg
RAM Fill Out.jpg (239.03 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Hey thanks to everyone who responded, I forgot to check in here for a while, and meanwhile made myself my own screenshot to use.

I also just finished porting the existing Field Guides for TFL and SB. If anyone felt up to doing them for Chimera and TWA I'd still be really appreciative, but if not, I guess those sections will just sit empty forever. The completionist in me kind of wished they wouldn't, though.

Meanwhile, I'll be busy converting the rest of the site's ancient markup to HTML5, and then busy learning new stuff like Node and React so I can get a real job again...