Plugin issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Hamilqar

Plugin issue

Post by Hamilqar »

Hi

I'm using Myth 2 on Windows 10 and I've just installed "The Fallen Levels" and "Detail Texture Megapack", but can't either to work. I followed the instructions and have put them in the "plugins" folder and unzipped them, but when I loaded the game I couldn't see the MTFL as a campaign. If go into the plugins folder and select the relevant files Windows asks me "How do you want to open this file?"

Does anybody know what I need to do.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find it.

Thanks
taraka898

Re: Plugin issue

Post by taraka898 »

Coincidentally, I did the same thing today, and the textures pack works fine with Myth 2 1.8.3, but I can't get the Fallen Levels to appear on the campaigns list. Also would appreciate any guidance!
Reiginoob

Post by Reiginoob »

It sounds like you have put the whole folder, not the plugin file, into the plugins folder, which is a common reason for plugins not working. Myth won't find plugins that are inside subfolders. You need to have the file 'Magma - The Fallen Levels v2' in the plugins folder itself, not a subfolder.

So to be clear, the file path needs to be - \...\Myth II\plugins\Magma - The Fallen Levels v2\

You don't need to activate the detailed textures plugin. When you're playing a game (or watching a film), just press fn-up arrow to toggle detailed textures.

Hamilqar, you shouldn't be able to open plugin files from Windows. You can only use them within Myth 2.
taraka898

Post by taraka898 »

I solved my problem because I mistook 'Magma_TFL_Multipack' to be the Fallen Levels campaign. The campaign is 'Magma_-_The_Fallen_Levels_v2'. Once this was in my plugins folder it works fine.
Reiginoob

Post by Reiginoob »

Aha! The multipack is a collection of classic net maps. See you online when you get to it!