Room-Offline-Error - or is this just me?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Phex

Post by Phex »

Hello

I dont know if this is a known error, but always when I have hosted a game, played a map, and left the game again to the room lobby, the room goes offline (at least for me) :evil:. I also dont know if this is an error that comes with the Myth update or with the PlayMyth server. I am using Windows & Myth 1.5 and I have already tried to delete my preferences but that did not work.
Anyway, this is not very serious but annoying because I only have to login to PlayMyth again and everything else works fine.

Bye,
Phex.

PS: Usually I am firewalled, but the error also occurs if I am not.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you try this with 1.4? (host a game with 1.4, play it yourself since everyone is on 1.5, and see if it kicks you when you leave it)
Phex

Post by Phex »

It does not seem as if the error is also occuring in v.1.4.

Phex
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Hmm.. most strange. Any chance you can provide a bit more details on this problem? Does it happen in every room? Does it happen if you only play a game for a minute, and then leave - or only for longer games? Please provide as many details as possible so we try to track down the problem.
Phex

Post by Phex »

I am not sure, but it only seems to happen if I play a game for a longer time. If I only start a game and then quit immediately (or a few seconds) after it started, the room wont go offline.
I have no time to test this issue in all rooms, but it happend in every room I tried out.
Plugins have no effect.

Phex.