Experts Champion

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Experts Champion

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I beat the Myth2_Experts in campaign mode a while back because a few levels were literally impossible solo with no vets. But I have since beaten all of the levels in online mode, proof that I have beaten them either solo or with a team. Most of them I think I could beat by myself, with the exceptions being (Maybe Great Library, Landing at White Falls, and The Wall). I think its because these levels are based on timed waves, and isn't set up where you can go at your own pace.

Overall, a great plugin which I recommend anyone to play. Oh I forgot to mention, haven't beaten Ibis Crown because the level is bugged and cannot be beaten. Its almost beatable even after you lose all of your units in the teleport, so with the other units it would easily be beaten. I'm pushing for a final release of this plugin, and I've taken the time to analyze each map and point out each flaw. For those of you wondering, the gameplay itself is harder than regular myth; archer and soulless' tradjectory is very low, which means a lot of self-inflicted damage caused by bows, and a very long range for soulless (if they are on a high enough hill, they can be shooting you even when not in sight). Dealing with the soulless was the single hardest thing on these maps, it was like dealing with myrk giants in that anytime you had a chance to outsmart them or use an alric pop on a big group, go for it because they'll tear you apart.

Your units will vet up much much higher than regular units. Archers vet up to about 45 kills, where they then shoot at archer hero speed. Dwarves vet to about 80, and can throw 2-3 bottles in the air at a time. Warriors and other melee units vet up too, and I'm not sure if any dark side units vet up in the same manner. That is one of the fixes I want for this plug, for it to be compatible with reversal also in that units vet the same way.

Here's some things about the plugin: You either win with 90% and up, or win with less than 10% left. The vets add a major advantage to you on any level, and most melee waves are cut down very seemlessly if you are in a defensive position. Maps like stair of grief where you considerable packs of soulless on cliffs with that range, you get torn apart. In my solo of that map the first time, my last dwarf suicided on the last red maul to win it with 0% left. In fact, there were 2 red mauls vs my 1 red dwarf, and I would have lost except the Jman took a swipe and took out one of the mauls for me. Pretty hilarious film to watch, really epic. Also, Landing at White Falls has about 200 soulless all on the hills and castle walls. Nobody is going to beat this map without taking half casualties. There are too many thrall to deal with at the start, and time is not on your side (you still only have 12 minutes to silence the cannons). I'm going to be brainstorming up some ideas on how to make the levels more balanced, and perhaps even harder, since I said some levels are easily beaten with 100% or just under.

I think this plugin should have a separate tagset so you can use any tagset you want on these maps, while still having the same huge amounts of enemies to kill. You might not vet up, but that's fine with me. And if you want to use the Myth2_Experts tagset for any other map then you can. Just my 2 cents, but here's a slideshow of all my endgame screens. I'm the captain in all of them, as you can see my name was changed to conceal my identity from some ppl.

http://img687.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... creek1.png

P.S. Gate of Storms endgame screenshot is proof Alric is a Nazi.
DarthRevan555

Re: Experts Champion

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Man you run your myth on low settings, you can't be enjoying Myth to the fullest without detail textures :O
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I use my old computer for myth. And that's just the screenshots, the resolution is fine. 1280x800 on my laptop.

No idea why the screenshots turned out so bad, I think instead of importing all of them to here, I just used their slideshow feature.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Nice work. How about uploading a film pack?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Nah cuz then everyone would see how its done. Unless people are going to put in the time to actually try to beat some of the levels, I'm not going to hand out my strategies.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Not saying you couldn't have done the levels as you claim, but it would be easy to fake an end-screen which is why the general general standard of proof for Myth contests or feats (like MDQ) has always been to provide the film evidence.

If there's no film, it didn't happen.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

How did I know you'd be the one to respond with that very request. I think its quite clear my computer skills are abysmal, so those "fake" screenshots I posted are most likely real. I posted the films of the ones I beat in campaign mode a while back, but these, like all my MDQ records, are not going public unless there is larger interest in them. Part of the challenge is for people to figure out how to do them on their own. There are some secrets that help you with each level, but nothing beats pure skill and being able to maneuver properly.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

If by 'secrets' you mean 'exploits' theres no secret in the myth 2 left undiscovered thats required to beat the game/level.

but whatever, in all cases it all comes down to.. who cares?
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

KROK wrote: How did I know you'd be the one to respond with that very request.
I don't know, I give up. How DID you know that I would be the SECOND person to mention films?

Maybe because I like evidence of things and don't put much trust in what people I don't know say on forums?

You can claim whatever you want, and I have no reason to think the screens are faked - I don't care enough one way or the other to have even looked at the screens you posted - I was just pointing out that the community standard for "proof" whenever someone claims to have broken some kind of a record while Mything is to post a film. I didn't make that up, it goes way back to the original MDQ and probably earlier - and as you've apparently forgotten, I wasn't the first or only person to ask about films. It's the standard way to back up your claims. Hell it's not just Myth - it's human nature, like in fishing. Claim you caught the worlds largest Bass, that's great but if you have no record of the fish then everyone is going to take your claims with a grain of salt.

I assume you are exploiting bugs in the game's AI to get some of those times (which is fine) and you don't want people to know the tricks that it took you a while to figure out - that's reasonable to say that people should try to figure them out on their own. BUT if you want people to believe your claims you need proof, and if you are exploiting bugs in the AI to win you can't expect people to bow down and worship your skills at Mything if a lot of the victory was due to exploits.

On the other hand, if the films have some good exploits it might due your rep some good to release the films - you might get bonus points if people see evidence of how clever you are.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Back in the day I downloaded all the MDQ Films and watched em, to see how it was done properly.

Keep in mind Krok, you're the best player at myth ever. Even if us noobies see how you do it, doesn't mean we can replicate it that easily. Just cause I can watch someone play guitar doesn't mean I know how to do it myself. Just cause I watched someone paint a picture doesn't mean I could do it over exactly the same.

So really, there's little to no harm in uploading films to prove how awesome you are. I'd probably even watch them to learn a few things about micro (much less the exploits, those might be handy to know too, but the basic skills you utilize to get through are probably more valuable in general).

Look at it as proof to the masses if you like, but I'd be looking at it like 'In your face bitches, I can do this and you can't, I'd like to see you try!'
dac

Post by dac »

vinylrake wrote:Maybe because I like evidence of things and don't put much trust in what people I don't know say on forums?
its too bad that douchebag admin for mariusnet bans every account that kirk sniffs because the game report could show that they were done online.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

it's too bad Kirk can't just post the films like every other Myth record holder in the history of Myth has done.

it's also too bad you don't know how to either

a) keep on topic

or

b) quote parts of a comment that are relevant to the point you think you are making
dac

Post by dac »

you are correct, a game history would not show the game/plug being played nor does that quote related to your "request" for evidence.

as for on topic, there's an alternate method of proof. its on topic enough, and om is still a douchebag. period.

vr im surprised that your logic is so flawed. i expect better from a programmer and a teacher.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

and paperboy.

But anyway, I don't need to prove anything, simply made a post here showing I legitimately was the first to beat all of the levels and the plugin itself. I also offered my review of the plugin as a whole, to maybe spark some more interest in people playing it. Since I downloaded it the first time, its become much more popular--so popular to the point steel axe didn't know anyone even knew about it. But since vinylrake's opinions only matter to about 10 other players with ~OoH~ in their name, I'm not going to even reflect on anything else that you bothered so tediously to try to explain to me.

Most of my records are enshrined on marius forever, and if not, I've got the films to support them if need be. There are no stupid little cheats to trick the AI when it comes down to it. Most of it was careful micromanagement and using physics and geometry. If there were bugs that seriously handicapped or prevented someone from losing a map, it would have been fixed. But since the game is exactly what it is throughout all of history's patches, the times stand. Some times, such as the one on Willow Creek may never be beaten because it was done with 1.4 patch, and the AI acted differently. That is why different times had existed previously for Redemption in regards to which plugin was used.

You seem like you'd have too much going on in your busy life to look at all of my films, wouldn't you, vinylfake? Love how you put emphasis on saying how you were the second to ask for films when I never said you'd be first, but just that you'd respond with the exact same quote. Big LOL on you bro. Now go deliver some papers.

Graydon- I don't need reminded that I'm the best player ever.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

try to stay focused dac. i am sure you can do it.

this is about krok's accomplishments, not your whiny little inaccurate attempts to act like you know me.