Creation and badlands maps - They have alot of stuff

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Chris B.

Post by Chris B. »

OK, since I am not a member, I cannot "reply" to the last post. So I will just share my thoughts on a new one. There are alot of good maps from Badlands no one really knows about... As follows.

Smells like Death in Here
Redsand, Black Blood (I think that's the name)
Thaw Before the Storm
Green Acres
Chimera Multi (Fasgaroth Ruilick)
Dun Carick
Caer Cadarn
Grave Diggers
Lichen Unto Death
The Great Divide
For Frostbite Apply Within
.... and some more ....

As I said before, this plugin project sounds very logical as an IDEA to me (I am no Myth techie), mainly because of all the beloved maps that Badlands and Creation made that should deserve an easy access for use... plus it just makes Myth look even more polished. :p Another reason is that these maps are already made, and that is a huge advantage for any project (TFL mappack had ALOT of maps... was it as hard as making the Seventh God? :p Anyways, Orlando the Axe, the thought you mentioned really don’t make too much sense... If people could choose for one big plugin to fit all there Creation and/or Badlands needs, they probably would download it and not keep all the old plugins...
Also, I reccommend the idea of making the mappacks seperate, for specific praise. If people like the Badlands mappack more than they should have the option to only download those instead, and vise versa... For some reason, this idea seems like The two game series for Zelda (Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons)... Dunno. Maybe the package could be a blue and a red. Blue for Badlands, Red for Creation. OK I have posted too much now, so here is your turn.
-Chris B.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

A back burner project I'm working on, 'Ultimate Team Battles', uses three of those maps, Lichen, Divide and Smells. It was to use the Fosgaratch as well, but there were OOS problems.

I know something like UTB isn't what you were talking about, but when getting permission, I inquired about including the original meshes in my plugin just so they'd be in the same place. mcd didn't like the idea for a couple reasons, including that it could cause some confusion as to what version was being used. From the creator's perspective, there is also something to be said for leaving the original creations as they were created, and I respect that, and didn't pursue it further.