Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

vinylrake wrote:
Falcon wrote:...Mini map on top left is eating my game screen .
Falcon, I answered this exact same question yesterday when you posted it in your Myth III site thread. Please read replies and stop spamming the forums with questions that have already been answered.

btw, my reply was
vinylrake wrote: "by 'mini map' do you mean the overhead map? You can resize that with the + or - keys or of course make it go away with the TAB key.
Actually this is the placed where bugs are to be reported , I want to ask the plguin formation team :)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Falcon wrote:Actually this is the placed where bugs are to be reported , I want to ask the plguin formation team :)
Then why ask the question in another forum? Pointless. That is what VR is trying to tell you.

Btw, Melekor, about the issue on a computer (which has Vista) I tried Myth on. It is the same in both modern and classic builds of 1.7 (317), even with 1.5.1. In game its fine. So it is only there for the main menu/pref/lobby anything not in game. I have yet to try a different game with 640x480 res as you asked me to try. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the chance.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Alright, so I just started getting a strange bug...

When I enable, or disable any plugin, it unexpectedly quits.

OSX, I have a crash log, catch me on HL.

EDIT: It had to do with a local conflicting I found out. It still happens in 1.6..
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

OSX 10.5.6 macpro 2 x 2.8 Ghz quad core Intel Xeon
I was playing reg yesterday ,when they hosted with a map i didn't have.
The missing plugin thing came up and i downloaded the file (very cool feature) but i couldn't get out of myth.It was stuck on that "missing plugin window"I tried to restart ,but had to force quit it.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Probably a dumb question to ask you but... Did you try hitting the OK button in that missing plugins window?
Propagandhi

Post by Propagandhi »

I got a couple crashes while in the select plugin dialog of the multiplayer games options screen. Is there an address I can e-mail the logs to?[/code]
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Maybe PMing them to Myrd would be easiest?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

An Iron sighting!
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Falcon wrote:CARD>
Asus GeForce 7800 GTX Extreme
OS>
Windows XP SP-2

I want to enjoy new version's updated graphics . BTW thanks Pyro it works , but still i want my graphics card to run :)

Edit : I only tried Modern.

Please Help me someone .
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Falcon wrote:
Falcon wrote:Edit : I only tried Modern.

Please Help me someone .
If you have a 'Modern' and a 'classic' version of Myth 2 for windows and one causes you problems, and someone ASKS if you have tried BOTH, and you say NO you have only tried one. DIDN'T it ever occur to you to think "HEY, MAYBE I SHOULD TRY THE CLASSIC VERSION BEFORE I KEEP ASKING FOR HELP?"

Maybe you would like someone on the development team to download the Classic version for you, drive to your house and install it and try it out to make sure it works on your computer for you?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Falcon, you'll have to be a little bit more clear before I can help you. What exactly is the problem? I can't really tell from any of your posts. When you say "i can see direct3d only" Are you saying that the game doesn't render correctly in OpenGL mode?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Glad i didnt read any of the crap on the pages before this.

Anywho, i'm having an issue with films.

Yes, I am HYPER aware of the "dont mix 1.6 and 1.7 films" concept, and have been following it to a T.

THe issue i'm having, is that I can save netgames, but when I do so, it only appears as a 1kb file, instead of a 60-160k file like most films, and does not show up in the plugin list. I believe it is being saved incorrectly or not saving at all and just putting a temporary file with the correct name down.

Last recording works and always shows up in these cases, but no amount of deleting preferences or deleting recordings or starting completely from scratch is allowing the films to be seen in the saved films menu.

Only last recording. And you dont have the options to "replay last film" or "save last film" or "rename film". Theyre grayed out.

Ren's having this problem as well. Both of us took extra care to safeguard our films in the way it was described when the film bug was first encountered and reported.

In summation: Films saving corrupted or as data-less garbage. Even with NO OTHER FILMS in the recordings folder, starting from a fresh empty folder.

-ooga
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

P.S. The last recording film shows up even when the "saved" 1k films dont but are in the same folder.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

oogaBooga wrote:Glad i didnt read any of the crap on the pages before this.
THe issue i'm having, is that I can save netgames, but when I do so, it only appears as a 1kb file...
If you had read some of what was said in this thread like the last post in the first page. You would know that the beta was fixed and reuploaded that day. So anyone who had downloaded it the first day it was out (the 3rd of May, same day as this thread was made) should redownload the 1.7 beta to be safe.
Bonky

Post by Bonky »

Pyro wrote:Probably a dumb question to ask you but... Did you try hitting the OK button in that missing plugins window?
after clicking the lil arrow and downloading the plugin,i was unable to do anything,couldn't hit the ok button,it didn't do anything,or wouldnt work ,complete freeze up