HELP Framed By Admin OM

Talk about anything here.
mattysly

HELP Framed By Admin OM

Post by mattysly »

Please send a message to Playmyth advisors. I found Om on my account just probably having innocent fun but he never changed the name back. He does this alot and got several people banned. Pleasepasss this along to the advisors. Im mattysly and my son is nick sly. We were both totaly locked for impersonating an admin? Kind of easy when PM om used our accounts. apparently he thinks its funny to use peoples names but never decides to change them back.

Please let the admin know of this situation.
Thanks, matty
and I have sent in a message, but I have not posted on the forums because My forums account has also been locked.
Thanks, Matty
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

1) This is not mariusnet, nor is Magma or the Tain really all that affiliated with Mariusnet (through myth sure, but they are different groups).

2) This is a rather serious allegation. Not really something you should go posting on a forum till you've got it sorted out. This could all be the result of some sort of mix up...so I wouldn't go accusing anyone just yet.

-DA
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

3) PlayMyth is dead. You mean MariusNet.

To add to what DA said in the second thing he said. What if someone knows your account and thought it would be funny to change your account's name to that of Om. So you don't know if it was Om or if it was someone who knows or guessed your password.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

From what I've heard (and from a conversation I had a few years back about restoring an old account I had forgotten the pw for), the mariusnet admin doesn't have the ability to use player's accounts.

Perhaps you have a friend who knows your password and got into trouble while using your account? That would make a lot more sense then this weird scenario you have come up with.

Now that I think about it though - how could you have gone to mariusnet.com, registered for an account, followed the instructions to connect to mariusnet, and play on mariusnet where there's a banner that says "mariusnet", and a bluebar message that says "welcome to mariusnet" everytime you log on, complain that you can't access the MARIUSNET forums because your 'account is locked' and still think you are on playmyth.net?

Something smells more than a little fishy here.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Who uses their real name?

I smell more fish
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Deqlyn wrote:Who uses their real name?

I smell more fish
Matty's used the name Matty for the 5 years I've played Myth, that's totally normal.

Matty wouldn't do this. Nor likely would OM. Someone must know Matty's password and have framed him.

I've PM'd PPE linking him to here so he can see what he thinks of this Matty.
1) This is not mariusnet, nor is Magma or the Tain really all that affiliated with Mariusnet (through myth sure, but they are different groups).
Matty's locked on the MNet forums, and they take days at a time to respond to e-mails as PPE told me himself - he's said if I ever want to get in touch to PM him.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Deq was just joking with that statement, or at least I thought he was. And DA was just stating this isn't Mnet since it wasn't clear if Matt knew Mnet and Magma are not connected.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

You know it just occurred to me, I KNOW why this post smelled fishy to me.

Zak, did you forget you TOLD me a few weeks back on an OoH game night that the 'nicksly' account was one of yours?

Sorry to 'out' an ordermate dude, but it's really not cool to lie about people.

I assume the 'dad' account is one of yours too, but I can't remember whether you told me that or not - so I guess it's possible 'Mattysly' is one of your friends posing as "nicksly's" dad.

Either way though, not cool.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

vinylrake wrote: Zak, did you forget you TOLD me a few weeks back on an OoH game night that the 'nicksly' account was one of yours?
Pretty sure I was playing on a guest account. Correct me if I am wrong.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zaknafein wrote:Pretty sure I was playing on a guest account. Correct me if I am wrong.
I didn't say you were playing on the nicksly account Zak, I said that you TOLD me that the nicksly account was one of your accounts.

Are you denying that you told me this? Or are you denying that the nicksly account is one that you have used?
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Zak you're a poor liar. Grow up and shut up. It's one thing for a Myther to try and be the class clown - if you get banned, the give and take evens out and no one's got any complaints to level against you. But to get Matty banned is distinctly uncool.

Luckily, I'm pretty certain Matty/Nick have been or will be unbanned and this situation resolved.
king paris

Post by king paris »

vr, i can personally assure you matty is not the same person as zaknafein. i've talked to matty on the phone, ive heard zak on ventrilo, completely different people. matty having a son is legit (though still questionable, i understand).

oh and the funny part was the fact that the nicksly login was named om or something just as he said, it just probably never got changed back once whomever logged on and changed their name. either that, or matty's 9 (correct me if im wrong) year old son has the intelligence and wits to change his name colorscheme and icon to that of an admin.

the plot thickens...
hey :D
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

king paris wrote: the plot thickens...
Not really. This is something for him to figure out with the mnet administration. A forum is not the appropriate place for this to be discussed methinks.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

king paris wrote:vr, i can personally assure you matty is not the same person as zaknafein. i've talked to matty on the phone, ive heard zak on ventrilo, completely different people. matty having a son is legit (though still questionable, i understand).
If I knew you paris, and IF knew you to be a trustworthy person your statement would count for something, but since I don't know you or know if are generally an honest person or not, your affirmation doesn't really mean anything to me. Not saying I don't trust you, I just have no reason to trust what you are saying is true. I have on the other hand reasons to distrust 'mattsly' and the story he described, and Zak's evasive answer to my post about him using the nicksly account doesn't help.

But it is interesting since you think Nicksly is too young to be capable of impersonating an admin that back on 1/8 when ppe posted telling everyone that players shouldn't imitate admins you for some reason jumped to the conclusion that he was talking about nicksly.

http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php ... 90/fpart/1

That said, I don't really care whether Mattysly and Nicksly and Zak are all the same person or not - that wasn't the point of my post. I never claimed Zak _was_ Nicksly, all I said was that Zak personally told me that the Nicksly account was one of his accounts. e.g. that He had access to the account and had used it.

Whether there is an actual child who plays myth and uses the account called 'nicksly' or not, is something ppe will need to figure out whether it's significant or not, but in regards to the claim that someone was using the nicksly account to impersonate an mnet admin and that it was an admin, I think Zak's statement where he told me that the nicksly account is one of his accounts is pretty relevant.
Baak

Post by Baak »

The initial post in this thread sounds like one of those "send $5000 to my account in Nigeria and I'll send you $10,000,000" emails -- someone trying to sound like they are young and/or don't speak English proficiently.

The phrasing is inconsistent.

I like the way it goes from advisors (twice) to admin all of a sudden. Whoops.

And the fact that they supposedly sent a message yet couldn't post in the forums -- err... Whoops #2.

Etc.

I think someone needs to get a different hobby. Or maybe a girlfriend. ;)