satchel charges

Talk about anything here.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I was about to post a gigantic thing about satchels but after reading and playing with pyro's local I would pretty much be re-stating it. To be honest i havent questioned the inner working of the satchel for a while, but my theories on why they sometimes fly and why they sometimes immediately dud upon hitting ground are pretty much concurrant with the info Pyro provided.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

This whole discussion is moot.

Satchels?
We ain't got no Satchels!
We don't need no satchels!
I don't have to show you no stinkin' satchels!

I use wights:
:)
neo123

Re: satchel charges

Post by neo123 »

vinylrake wrote:
neo123 wrote:Do satchel charges always go off or are they like dorf bottles and 'dud'

I've seen a few dud but im wondering if its intentional.
When carried by dorfs they don't _always_ explode when the dorf dies - that is a variable %.

I don't believe satchels ever intentionally 'dud', but I could be wrong.

In what kind of scenerios have you seen a satchel 'dud'?
Limbs, Head and smoking craters map. Garrick and I laid a long line of satchels and this one satchel in the middle of the line didnt go off twice in a row.

Oh and btw why is it that when i lay satchels in a row and want my dorf to suicide on his own satchels, he's so hesitant to throw sometimes, especially hero dorfs, i want him to just die gdi?

Btw frum thats awesome lol.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

For every one sat you set down you accumulate one second of delay before he will throw a bottle, so 8 sats = roughly 8 seconds if you drop them all fast. kinda lame i know:(
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

oogaBooga wrote:For every one sat you set down you accumulate one second of delay before he will throw a bottle, so 8 sats = roughly 8 seconds if you drop them all fast. kinda lame i know:(
You are dropping them too close to commit suicide very well if there is no pause between!