Talk about anything here.
king paris

Mazzarins Demise 7

Post by king paris »

any good news? :)
hey :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I haven't really followed the plot/backstory much, (though have played several of the Mazz Demise and enjoyed them) so excuse the ignorance of the question, but what is the story behind the Mazz demise series? e.g. Why the same setting with different units in each iteration? Is it alternate worlds versions of the same struggle? Or a recurring 'small' battle in the larger recurring cycle of good/evil?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

vinylrake wrote:I haven't really followed the plot/backstory much, (though have played several of the Mazz Demise and enjoyed them) so excuse the ignorance of the question, but what is the story behind the Mazz demise series? e.g. Why the same setting with different units in each iteration? Is it alternate worlds versions of the same struggle? Or a recurring 'small' battle in the larger recurring cycle of good/evil?
The story is basically this:

Watch is coming to kill Mazz. Mazz knows this because he has the total codes, So he gathers champions to himself so he can try and not die. So the map is you fighting wave upon wave of the Watchers worst.

What this translates to in terms of myth: ChrisP gathers the champions of myth to himself and makes enormous 2 hr + coop fests where your goal is to survive and kill the watcher.

Each one has basically been ChrisP (and jagman for the more recent iterations) making the most wild kill-fest possible with the myth engine.

The readme/pregames have a bit more info :)

-DA
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The long version of what DA said (from the Mazz 6 guide):

[quote]History of the Mazz Series

The origins of the Mazz series really lies in a TFL plugin called “Flight IIâ€
ChrisP

Re: Mazzarins Demise 7

Post by ChrisP »

king paris wrote:any good news? :)
Alas, no, there won't be a Mazz 7 in the foreseeable future - at least not with my involvement. Even if I had the time, desire and all the help I'd need, I'm pretty sure I'd only make the series worse instead of better at this point. Nice to see there's still people who'd still like to see it happen though!
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Well, you made the most famous co-op plugs series ever, ChrisP. Even if you don't want to make Mazz 7, we have to thank you for those 6 great plugs. You're already a mapmaking living legend for Myth :wink:
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

gugusm wrote:You're already a mapmaking living legend for Myth :wink:
Gug, Gug, Gug... When you get to know CP a little better, you'll realise just how much damage you've done to the Myth community with this single line. The Underdogs are among the longest living Myth orders because of its members' ability to convince Chris that he was never quite finished, and that the last thing he did 'could be a little better'.

While he is a devastating Trow warrior, a champion ghol harasser and a Carpet Bombing maniac, the Dogs were always able to leech on the motherly side of ChrisP to make lives a little more exciting for everyone. But if you sign him off like that, he'll start thinking he's finished with Myth! Just because Mazz might have ended (and remember he thought he was done by Mazz 5, so MAYBE) doesn't mean his help could be drawn on for another project 'purely in a superficial, time-easy, advisory way', muahahahahaha....

-Oro
"Harden The Fuck Up." - Dalai Lama, 1990
zach

Post by zach »

I would like to see a dark version of Mazz (or something like)just food for thought i would help anyone intrested an putting something together. Or perhaps something like a Mazz vs Mazz multiplayer instead of co-op.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Oh, I'm very sorry then :P

OK CP, just make another Mazz... :wink:
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

two words:
NEW MAP!

Ugh Raid! :::faints:::
Peach Out
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

zach wrote:I would like to see a dark version of Mazz (or something like)...
Well there is a tagest for Mazz VI that does that, its called The Watcher's Demise by Pyro, its still beta though.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
zach

Post by zach »

id love to take peek
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:two words:
NEW MAP!

Speaking of new maps..... WHERE IS TheWindAge? WHEN CAN WE PLAY THIS?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
king paris

Re: Mazzarins Demise 7

Post by king paris »

ChrisP wrote:
king paris wrote:any good news? :)
Alas, no, there won't be a Mazz 7 in the foreseeable future - at least not with my involvement. Even if I had the time, desire and all the help I'd need, I'm pretty sure I'd only make the series worse instead of better at this point. Nice to see there's still people who'd still like to see it happen though!
well out of the quality mythers that are left, we're still playing mazz 6, and we've beaten it oh so many times and are looking for a new challenge.
hey :D
Road

Post by Road »

vinylrake wrote:
Renwood TWA wrote:two words:
NEW MAP!

Speaking of new maps..... WHERE IS TheWindAge? WHEN CAN WE PLAY THIS?
TheWindAge is going to be more than just a map set and it may require 1.7 to be out. We are still waiting on the idiot that was going to make the new units collections ;)