Why are the Trow evil?

Talk about anything here.
Uberskooper

Why are the Trow evil?

Post by Uberskooper »

This is one of the mysteries of Myth that I could never quite rationalize. Granted there is nothing rational about a talking head, but at least the narrator seems just as astonished as the audience there.

Anyways, the Trow usually seem to end up on the Dark side of epic conflicts. In Myth III the marched alongside Moagim and in Myth TFL they served Balor. Hell, Balor even had his home base inside their melted capitol. Why? All the Dark ever seem to want to do is destroy all of civilization and make themselves the sole rulers of the world. How would the Trow go along with this? They are a civilization so ancient and mighty that they helped their Creator-Goddess shape the world. Why are they casting their lot in with the Dark?

Now before anyone brings it up, I know that in Myth II they were on the side of the Light. However they only did so begrudgingly after admitting that humanity was not worth fighting for. Any thoughts?
Road

Post by Road »

I read somewhere that Trow are not good or evil, they are selfish and tend to group up with any side that has the best offer. I believe they actually regretted joining up with Moagim and that when they threw off their armor and weapons and vowed to battle by hand.
Uberskooper

Post by Uberskooper »

According to Myth III they only regretted beating their rebellious slaves out of existence. After they destroyed them all they looked upon what they had done and were filled with disgust, vowing to leave iron behind for the younger races. After that they decided to beat on the humans again with full force.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Uberskooper wrote:According to Myth III they only regretted beating their rebellious slaves out of existence. After they destroyed them all they looked upon what they had done and were filled with disgust, vowing to leave iron behind for the younger races. After that they decided to beat on the humans again with full force.
A lot of people frown at using m3 as official "lore", but I don't think it really matters.

I think the trow were a bit selfish. They really just wanted things their way, etc, so it was convenient to hit humans.

-DA
Road

Post by Road »

lol, DA, that pretty much sums it up....
Im tempted to see if theres any refferance to this at the Asylum, I'd better pull out my shovel and hard hat though :P
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I believe they served Balor because he freed them after Connacht imprisoned them beneath their cities, and they felt they owed him.

I'm remembering this from somewhere, but I don't remember what the source actually is--possibly the manuals?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

A-Red wrote:I believe they served Balor because he freed them after Connacht imprisoned them beneath their cities, and they felt they owed him.

I'm remembering this from somewhere, but I don't remember what the source actually is--possibly the manuals?
Ah yes! I've read this!

It also appears in that comic where the guy interviews the trow. They mention they didn't care that he wore the mantle of the leveler.

-DA
Uberskooper

Post by Uberskooper »

Surly they knew, just like the Nine did, that Balor was in fact the guy him imprisoned them in the first place. The Trow really don't have a good track record do they? They just side with evil whenever it rears it's head.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

hmm trow always seemed like big teddybears made out of stone to me...but what do I know...especially about the myth storyline... =)

Giz
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I believe they served Balor because he freed them after Connacht imprisoned them beneath their cities, and they felt they owed him.

Correct. Plus the Trow are clever and know about the universe, probably knew he was Connacht and had half a chance of being able to do it to them again.

The Trow do what works best for them, and have a greater long-term view than anyone else. In Myth III, since we're counting that as canon, they are just running an evil empire pretty seperate from anyone else's. Myth III never explained WHY the Trow joined Moagim if I recall, they just do.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I blame the Trow's Evil nature on that ill-fitting underwear they wear.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

vinylrake wrote:I blame the Trow's Evil nature on that ill-fitting underwear they wear.
Considering that the race is immortal and non-reproducing, one wonders what exactly they're trying to cover up.
Sardonac

Post by Sardonac »

Oh, they're non-reproducing? How sad.
king paris

Post by king paris »

Trow are their own nation, immortal to time. The side they deem the most worthy, the most powerful, with the most promise he will join. The Deceiver was able to recruit the Trow easily with his words, Balor and Moagim did the same.
hey :D
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Trow arent really evil in the classic myth universe sense.

But they did have slaves forever and then whiped out the entire ogre race in the month long Battle of the valley of the red seal. (thats pretty evil)

After the trow saw the aftermath of their actions they blamed it on their iron weapons (blameshifting!) and cast iron weapons away.

And this was in the Myth 2 comic book years before myth3 ever came out

BTW NOBODY should EVER take myth 3 lore as canon! its really really fucked up and filled with tons of holes.

its like the guy who wrote it didnt even know the story and wasnt a big myth fan anyways. (andrew megs)

-Renwood
Peach Out