Nionel...WTF??

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rifthead

Nionel...WTF??

Post by rifthead »

Hey,
I've been working on a crusades plugin for myth for much of my winterbreak, and one of the main set-pieces was going to be the city of jerusalem, july 15th, 1099. To do this I had planned to use the Nionel map from the Jinn Plugin (as it's got the required complexity and has a perfect medieval jerusalem feel to it). However, when I try to extract the map and resources, I get major graphical issues, holes in the mesh, ect. These issues only seem to occur after I alter the map actions or make the whole map visible at once in fear. I've played through the map in Jinn and it looks fine when I just run it from the plugin. Does anyone know why this occurs and if there's a way to fix it? I really want to be able to use this map as it would really make my plugin truly great.

Also, if any of the vista old guard are still on here, or anyone connected with Jinn, can I have permission to use the map and some of the units from Jinn? I'll give you credit and all, I'm not in this for the glory, I'm in this for the new awesome directions to take myth.