Looking for animator for a Master Chief unit

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Jon God

Looking for animator for a Master Chief unit

Post by Jon God »

Over a year ago I started working on a Halo Myth Mod, without knowing just about anything about scripting and not a huge amount about fear.

However long later, I started to run into scripting problems that were way above my head. Thus I stopped working on it.

Fast Forward 6+months, I was going to sleep a few weeks ago, and the answer to one of my scripting problems popped into my head, I got up the following morning, and tried it out, and it worked. So for the past week or two I have been fixing all the major problems, implementing new things I wanted to before, and balancing it as best I can.

But..

There is problem that I can't deal with that remains, I cannot model nor animate in 3D, So for now I have been using WWII units for the graphics.

I do have the model of the Master Chief from Halo, and the texture, but, like I said, I cannot animate, which is why this topic is here.

So, yeah, I can hope that someone will help me, though I will not keep my breath held.

Notes:
This is a multiplayer map, Blood Gulch to be precise.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

carlinho

Post by carlinho »

heya Zeph, if you have the sprites for that, Jon would be really grateful
he wants to do Halo for myth but somehow the people who were doing it lost all the files

so actually anybody that has anything related to HALO that don't mind sharing contact jon!

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Hey Jon,
I'll be importing a master-chief model into myth pretty soon as part of my forerunner-flood war mod. If all goes well, I can also import grunt models, elite models, hunter models, and jackals. That's a big if-all-goes-well though. Also, if anyone else has amber, I can provide you with bitmaps once I get them. (I'm an amber n00b, but I'm gonna try).

By the way zeph, your Master chief render looks pretty awesome too. I like the class VI. I'd be importing the Halo 1 masterchief rather than the Halo 2 one. And Jon, after you do this halo mod, want to help me and my friend script a forerunner-flood campaign?
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

I'm pulling the sprites from a FPS mod from another game btw, so I'm not even sure if this process will work right. Our initial attempts to create frames and animations seem to be working, but we haven't put anything into amber yet, so I'm still not sure if this will work in myth.

EDIT

Be careful though. Microsoft has been hunting people making halo mods for games, especially mods for Strategy games (I think it's because they don't want anyone stealing thunder from Halo Wars). I know they shut down the halo mod for command and conquer generals. Hopefully the myth community is small enough and old enough to avoid being sued for something like this, but there's always that danger.
Last edited by rifthead on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Hey yeah, I was going to do that (in fact, didn't you contact me about it a week back?).

I'd love to help in any way, now that school's finished (but I'm still lazy and untalented; at least I know a lot about Halo). I'm hoping to get back into Myth sometime soon.

-TGP-

edit: I reckon Valhalla would make a nice Myth map.

edit again: I was planning on making a full on tagset (as you know) a while back. Just found the thread on Bungie.net. Here.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Hey Jon,
I'll be importing a master-chief model into myth pretty soon as part of my forerunner-flood war mod. If all goes well, I can also import grunt models, elite models, hunter models, and jackals. That's a big if-all-goes-well though. Also, if anyone else has amber, I can provide you with bitmaps once I get them. (I'm an amber n00b, but I'm gonna try).

By the way zeph, your Master chief render looks pretty awesome too. I like the class VI. I'd be importing the Halo 1 masterchief rather than the Halo 2 one. And Jon, after you do this halo mod, want to help me and my friend script a forerunner-flood campaign?
That would be very awesome, I would love to see your mod, and I agree Zeph's MC looks amazing.

Hey, I will see what I can do, I am much better at scripting multiplayer, so if it's single player scripting, you might want to find better help. Not to say I wouldn't try, but my stuff would probably be pretty basic.

I'm pulling the sprites from a FPS mod from another game btw, so I'm not even sure if this process will work right. Our initial attempts to create frames and animations seem to be working, but we haven't put anything into amber yet, so I'm still not sure if this will work in myth.

EDIT

Be careful though. Microsoft has been hunting people making halo mods for games, especially mods for Strategy games (I think it's because they don't want anyone stealing thunder from Halo Wars). I know they shut down the halo mod for command and conquer generals. Hopefully the myth community is small enough and old enough to avoid being sued for something like this, but there's always that danger.

Another FPS huh? Well, I wish you luck, and will definitely look forward to see it.

As for M$ and their ninja lawyers, they shut down the command and conquer mod, because it was incredible, like as good looking as Halo itself, I don't think they will bother with any other mods, unless they are truly awe inspiring.

Hey yeah, I was going to do that (in fact, didn't you contact me about it a week back?).

I'd love to help in any way, now that school's finished (but I'm still lazy and untalented; at least I know a lot about Halo). I'm hoping to get back into Myth sometime soon.

-TGP-

edit: I reckon Valhalla would make a nice Myth map.

edit again: I was planning on making a full on tagset (as you know) a while back. Just found the thread on Bungie.net. Here.
Yeah, I did. Zeph said he is going to make the Master Chief unit for me, but if you wanted to I still need vehicle graphics, and such, basically, if you want to attempt anything Halo-Myth related, I'm sure I will be able to use it.

Valhalla, ah, well I don't have a 360, so it wold be hard to model it off of pictures alone.

Hey if you still did, it wold be awesome, seriously.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

After playing your mod Jon god, i see that you definately need to work on the gameplay element of your mod. You need to really give it an halo feel, not just sounds and modified ww2 attacks. I wish you luck with that :)
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Zeph wrote:After playing your mod Jon god, i see that you definately need to work on the gameplay element of your mod. You need to really give it an halo feel, not just sounds and modified ww2 attacks. I wish you luck with that :)
Well, like I said, I have been working on getting stuff like CTF with moveable flags and such down. I started this with no knowledge of scripting AT ALL.

A lot of what's done is done with help from others, but a large amount was found out by myself just trying things 'till they worked. So things that would have taken someone who knew scripting took many times as long.

I'm getting to the point where I have enough game types to be satisfied.

I also fixed that glitch, it was something really obvious.

I also will probably take a while to learn what I can about Fear, but for the moment, I haven't been experimenting too much beyond what I know in that.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Jon God wrote:Well, like I said, I have been working on getting stuff like CTF with moveable flags and such down. I started this with no knowledge of scripting AT ALL.
If you haven't figured out all the details yet, the Manistee Paintball Challenge map.conversion has a CTF game with moveable flags and scripting that makes it so the game is only over when enemy flag is returned to one's home base.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:
Jon God wrote:Well, like I said, I have been working on getting stuff like CTF with moveable flags and such down. I started this with no knowledge of scripting AT ALL.
If you haven't figured out all the details yet, the Manistee Paintball Challenge map.conversion has a CTF game with moveable flags and scripting that makes it so the game is only over when enemy flag is returned to one's home base.
No, I have it down, though it took a while of messing around with Map Actions to get something that worked.