I'm Back!

Talk about anything here.
Supes -kom-

I'm Back!

Post by Supes -kom- »

Hey everyone,

just thought i'd put out a thankyou to magma for keeping this game going.
It's insane how long this game has lasted, it's truly one of a kind!

I joined myth 2 back in 98 and was in 2 orders, knights of myth (very early reg order majoring in lmoth and ctf) and ww2 which kind of took over myth around 99 - 2001 from what i recall.

I just got me a new imac intel and was rummaging through all my old cd's and found myth 2!!! I coulden't believe it! So many memories! Myth world cup! untamed lmoth satchel placing (for hours) and those intense tourneys that pitched tactics against orders!

I stopped playing in 2003 because the community kind of became ww2 obsessed and i was a bit pissed off by it all so i just gave it a break.

Just installed a fresh copy of myth 2 and about to blow something up soon!
What's the deal with playmyth? are those guys going to get it back on or shall i use marius for the time being? Not much activity? I think i'll download some magma single players, some masterful map making to say the least.

Anyways, my alias will be Supes -kom- if anyone wants a game.

I hope myth never dies!!!

Keep up the excellent work!

Dave
Veteran Myth 2
Orders - Knights of Myth - WW2 -
Aliases, Supes, Supa, Supanova, Dwarfey
Playin since 98.

Untamed lmoth - i challenge you!
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Welcome back :)

Yeah, there is not much activity compared with days gone by, and in 2003 when you left it was much busier than now. But I find a decent amount in the evenings Pacific time. 35 people the other night, 25 or so last night. Made for great full games.

And increasing at a dramatic rate is the migration of players from playmyth to mariusnet. I tell you, it feels like a sea change is taking effect. Marius is the place to be. It had to be that way because Blades had real life happen to him and wasn't updating the dead playmyth website, which therefore could not register new or returning players.

You can register an account at mariusnet.com , but not at playmyth. Come back and check in evenings Pacific time! Who0T!

Oh! Definitely get the Magma TFL Multipack (or Mappack, depending where you look.) It's on this site in the Downloads. It has a lot of maps in it and many people play them. I'd also peruse the BattlePlan (list of great plugs) at the H'Pak site, orderofhpak.com .
vinylrake

Re: I'm Back!

Post by vinylrake »

Supes -kom- wrote:Hey everyone,

just thought i'd put out a thankyou to magma for keeping this game going.
It's insane how long this game has lasted, it's truly one of a kind!

I joined myth 2 back in 98 and was in 2 orders, knights of myth (very early reg order majoring in lmoth and ctf) and ww2 which kind of took over myth around 99 - 2001 from what i recall.

I just got me a new imac intel and was rummaging through all my old cd's and found myth 2!!! I coulden't believe it! So many memories! Myth world cup! untamed lmoth satchel placing (for hours) and those intense tourneys that pitched tactics against orders!

I stopped playing in 2003 because the community kind of became ww2 obsessed and i was a bit pissed off by it all so i just gave it a break.

Just installed a fresh copy of myth 2 and about to blow something up soon!
What's the deal with playmyth? are those guys going to get it back on or shall i use marius for the time being? Not much activity? I think i'll download some magma single players, some masterful map making to say the least.

Anyways, my alias will be Supes -kom- if anyone wants a game.

I hope myth never dies!!!

Keep up the excellent work!

Dave
Welcome back!

The playmyth website has been down since at least April so no one has been able to get new accounts or get their old account passwords sent to them since then, so unless you know your username/password from back in the day, the only online option for you is mariusnet.

The community is kind of small these days, and some die-hards refuse to leave playmyth even though it's basically a private club these days, but in the past couple of months more people have started making the switch to mariusnet. It really depends on your time zone whether you can find any games open or not.

One thing - to play with other people you will need the latest version of Myth II (Yes, it's been updated several times since you left!) (if you don't upgrade you won't be able to join any games). There are links on this site as well as on mariusnet.com and there's at least one topic in this forum about how to upgrade from an old version to the latest. Save yourself some time end frustration and check out that topic first. The process itself is simple, but it might not be intuitive since you've been gone so long.

good luck, hope to see you online one of these days!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

heh, beat ya by a couple, vr!
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

hey supes, i remember playing lots of ww2 with you back in 2002-2003. Might remember me as InMyHead or simply Head :)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:heh, beat ya by a couple, vr!
You must have started a reply and got a lower db record key reserved than I did because when I finished typing my message and saved it, your message wasn't even showing up in the forum. Then when I log in this morning your message somehow magically appeared before mine.

So, you might have beat me in STARTING to reply, but I beat you in getting my comment finished first.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Ahh, until I read your aliases I thought you were the other Supes, the one that originally went by Superman and played Mudpit Dark in the TFL days.

Anyway, welcome back to Myth.
king paris

Post by king paris »

superman just plays ww2 now

or at least, he was a month ago, on playmyth

ben -kom- is still around i think btw.
hey :D
sillek

Post by sillek »

Ben's been AWOL for awhile. My last AIM log w/ him was October 2006, and that was five lines long ..

Only KA is still around. And Gloop was on/off some on pm.net