Marius Game Night -- Fri June 1

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Marius Game Night -- Fri June 1

Post by Frumius »

With heartfelt sympathy for new players who have found this site but are unable to register with pmnet, I will be hosting some games on Marius.net this Friday. All are welcome.

Where: Marius.net

When: Friday, May 18, starting between 8 and 8:30 Pacific Time and going until... whenever.

3rd Party Maps: The TFL Multiplayer Map Pack (the file itself is called the Magma TFL Multipack).

Look for A Frumious Game. I'm a friendly and respectful host to all players, all are welcome. I do know an a-hole when I see one, however, and I'll wank it. My host has been known for years to be reliable and good.

I will be hosting some regular non-3rd party maps. But, sorry, I cannot be held hostage to Gimble in the Wabe* for many games. I'll do a couple first off, then it must move on. Folks who can only play on that really need to find themselves a copy of Myth. Try e-bay and other such places. Here isMyth at Amazon.com. Six bucks. Go get it!

* My name, Frumius, is derived from the adjective "frumious," from the same poem that the maps Gyre in the Wabe and Gimble in the Wabe drew their names: Jabberwocky. I made up my name for Myth: TFL, and was delighted when I bought M2: Soulblighter to find that the Bungie people also honored the poem! Jabberwocky is from Through the Looking Glass, the book following Alice in Wonderland. I don't know why I'm telling you this. Can't seem to stop. Ahh, here we go.....
Last edited by Frumius on Wed May 30, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Having played many a game with Frumius, I heartily recommend him as host. He is a respectful friendly host and great fun is to had by all who participate in his games.

I was going to provide some tips for playing with Frum, but decided not to lest I give too much [*cough*FrumiusWightBlast*cough*] away.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Ill try to be there but Ill need to wake up at 3am the next morning so I wont hang out too long. Nice of you to offer a chance for new players to try the game out.

..or your really evil and its a plan to rally up a buncha noobs for you to slaughter just for the joy of it :P
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Wish I could be there! I have work this evening, sorry =[
Organ Donor

Post by Organ Donor »

vinylrake wrote:Having played many a game with Frumius, I heartily recommend him as host. He is a respectful friendly host and great fun is to had by all who participate in his games.

I was going to provide some tips for playing with Frum, but decided not to lest I give too much [*cough*FrumiusWightBlast*cough*] away.
I agree!

I will be there!
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:Having played many a game with Frumius, I heartily recommend him as host. He is a respectful friendly host and great fun is to had by all who participate in his games.
All those compliments won't save you from the WRATH OF FRUM, VR :)
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

The Elfoid wrote:All those compliments won't save you from the WRATH OF FRUM, VR :)
Nor did they! Mwahahahahaaaaaaa!

That was a lot of fun. Thanks for joining in, all who did. We had mb 12 ppl playing in the game for much of the night, not too shabby for Mariusnet these days. Let's do it again soonly!

Hmm, didn't get to do the ol' Frumious Wightblast, though... mb next time ;)
rabid_wombat

Post by rabid_wombat »

I should pay more attention for the next one, I missed this! What a disappointment that is for me. XD
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

rabid_wombat wrote:I should pay more attention for the next one, I missed this! What a disappointment that is for me. XD
I'll do another one next week. When I figure out the date, I'll post it here and mb at Mythforums too. Seems like that'd be a good place, since it's connected to Mariusnet.

Long Live Myth!
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I plan to host again this Friday, the day after tomorrow at marius.

Where: Marius.net

When: Friday, June 1, starting between 8 and 8:30 Pacific Time and going until... whenever.

3rd Party Maps: Bring the plugin The TFL Multiplayer Map Pack (the file itself is called the Magma TFL Multipack), found right here at projectmagma.net.
Last edited by Frumius on Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

DOH! I'm hosting a party that evening. One of these days I will make one game.
RPatrick

Post by RPatrick »

Hello Frumius,

Thanks for what you are doing !

As a new player, it can be embarrassing to enter a match as one would think that most all of the people still playing Myth are veterans that know the game inside and out.

How are the players dispersed in the games ? Are there just two teams with many players on each, or is it every man for himself ? Playing just a couple of units seems doable, and so does playing solo and being responsible for your own slaughter. I suppose a new player's biggest fear would be to get thrown on a team with one other person who is skilled and not know what the hell to do ! :D
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Been there, done that! :)
The cake is a lie.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

A news posting about this on the Mariusnet.com frontpage would be good.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

RPatrick wrote:As a new player, it can be embarrassing to enter a match as one would think that most all of the people still playing Myth are veterans that know the game inside and out.
Well, yeah, I can see that. But it'll be understood in this Friday's games that not everyone has been around for 10 years, heh :) . You might mention that you're new so people won't assume too much and give you more than you're ready for.

As for your other questions about players and teams, it might be a free for all game on a map with 3, 4, 5... and up to 16 starts on it. If there are not more players than there are starts in such an FFA (free for all) game, then each player will by by him/herself.

If there are more players than starts, then before the game starts people can join each other to team up, or the game can start and people will be randomly lumped together such that some will be solo and some will have mates.

It might also be a team game with 2 starts, in which case players can join willing captains prior to the game, or they can be randomly assigned to one of the two teams if the game starts when anyone (or everyone) is not on a team.