Myth TFL for Windows in Switzerland

Talk about anything here.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

Hello!

I wanna play Myth TFL in German, but its an old game and
I cant get it in Switzerland. (The Krauts wont send me a version !) :cry:

Does everyone know how I can get (download?!) a full german
version or just an update to the magma-plugin?

mfG

r
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I'm curious why you want the German versions... they say it had bad voice-acting and had a solo level or two cut from the game. The German version was called "Myth - Kreuzzug ins Ungewisse". Here is it's box-art:
http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/115/
There are 5 copies on eBay.de :
http://search.ebay.de/Kreuzzug-ins-Ungewisse

There seems to still be shops selling it online:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Kreuzzug%20ins%20Ungewisse%22
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Why not just make the same game with different voices? Is different box art/game interface really needed?

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

You will rarely find something that the germans will translate correctly. Often they translate titles with a total different meaning. Dont ask me why, i dont know it.

Gamer, the fallen lords in german is teh suxxorz. The voices in the briefings suck, and ingame there are no voices, only texts. Besides the translation is weird, they say Murgen instead of Maeldun and theres a gimli in briefing to "Ambush at Devils Overlook". And besides this, they speak trow the german way in TFL. (LOL) And theres no blood option in german TFL, you know how dusty it gets when i play TFL?

It hurts me to say that, but german TFL indeed sucks. Im glad that german M2 is quite good. Though the only reason why i play german TFL is because english version wont work on my comp.

German TFL is not worth the effort to get it.

edit: That with levels cut in german TFL is new to me.
Tireces:
"...it is arguable that Doromas was Tireces' most brutal Forum-Admin-General... frequently deleting those who begged him for mercy... he is the reason that many guys with small number of posts no longer appear on forum boards..."
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

It seems that German TFL is really bad !
No Voices in the game ?!? I've got the
german M2 version which is very,very good...

Is the projectmagma-plugin of TFL the same as the
original? (the Intelligence of the enemys!?!)

Can I download the briefings as txt-files in german
somewhere? (I dont need the german-version without
voices but the briefings in german!)

mfG
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

The enemies were intelligent? That's something!
I think the enemies only do what the script says. Some people have tried to make maps with intelligent enemies. I think they tried this because they didn't like the enemies just coming at you!
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

yeah german M2 is fine. Dude we're lucky ey?

dling something for myth in german? no wei! Though i could try to send you teh files via MSN or AIM.

I think i could need help here now, wich one is the file with the text shitz for Myth? (Ill try to find it on my own but i guess i wont find/recognize it lolz)

edit: yeh, as i thought, i looked through TFL folder and the CD and i have no idea what file is for the texts... if there is such a file..

Though i found the artsound file. Wanna have it?

ATOMROFL
Tireces:
"...it is arguable that Doromas was Tireces' most brutal Forum-Admin-General... frequently deleting those who begged him for mercy... he is the reason that many guys with small number of posts no longer appear on forum boards..."
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Doromas wrote:Though the only reason why i play german TFL is because english version wont work on my comp.

I remember reading about this. The English Myth TFL demo wouldn't work on Germans' computers, and a separate German TFL demo sans blood (I think) was released.

I believe the issue was the blood in the game and Germany's great concern in the 1990s about the revival of Naziism from children being exposed to the scary red substance.

In short, the English TFL demo would detect the language or locale settings of the system - if it was set to "de", the program refused to start.

If your English TFL won't work, try setting the system's language / locale to something non-German and see whether it'll work then.

Does your German TFL really have no in-game voices? I remember someone telling me it had translations for "casuality" and the like, but the voice-acting was very bad.

At least the German TFL has the best box-art of the entire series, if that is a consolation.

Edited By Eddaweaver on 1144558929
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

hm, well how do i set my comp to english?

And yes, german TFL has a funny "Wir haben Verluste". He speaks it kinda like a halfling, with very high voice lol. Briefings and cutscenes have (bad) voice acting, but the rest not.

Imagine Alrics and Balors pretty cool debate about whos more 1337 without voice and with bad translating...

And yeah, german TFL box art rocks :P

Just for information, what is sex in the USA (the GTA: Vice City case) is violence in germany. ("Forbid the Killergames!" rofl0rs)

Man im glad that i live in austria..
Tireces:
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

I dont know if there is a application like "FEAR" in original TFL(I use the project magma plugin to play TFL),but
In myth2 you can open the txt files in FEAR, ctrl c them
and send them to me!(I dont wanna import them to the game, i just wanna read them...)

:?: Are the ghouls in Crows bridge in the original version so stupid too :?:

mfG
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

nope, theres no Fear for TFL.

Though what shall i do with M2? You have m2 in german and the projectmagma tfl plug is in english...

Hm, i experience myth units as dumb sometimes and as "just doing my friggin orders" the other times.

Though, i find that the AI is really funny sometimes. gives a good laugh :laugh:
Tireces:
capital

Post by capital »

Doromas wrote:nope, theres no Fear for TFL.
Incorrect, there is a fear for TFL.

You may find it here:
mac tools

pc based extractors

Moreover, Stratman created a tool for PC users the link used to be on playmyth.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

:o

oh, thats my bad, i looked in my TFL folder and there was no Fear. So i dont get Fear&Loathing with 1.5 patch...

hm, i looked into that link but didnt found anything that looks like Fear in there. :( I have a PC, anyone here can gimme a link for TFL fear for pc?

i tried stratman's tool stuff and i have no clue how to use it, despite that it doesnt work.
Tireces:
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

There are no official editing tools for TFL. There are unofficially released (and buggy) Fear and Loathing for the mac, and there is no TFL fear or loathing for PC
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

:cry:

Is there no way for me to get the script in german?

mfG