Problem with TFL 1.5 - Multi games are Red

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.

Post by Avatara »

Ok, there's something weird with TFL 1.5. I've tried playing it on both Marius.net and Playmyty.net with 2 people, and always the games were red for everybody (even with 3 different hosts).
Any clue why this is happening?
Thanks.

EDIT: Some more information. I had a localized version (Brazilian), the other guy had the USA version (i think) and the other guy had a German localization. (I know this probaly has nothing to do with the problem, but anyway...)
And i did a install using my CD on another PC and it worked (the games were white). I think it has something to do with the local tags or something like that. Am I right?
CIK

Post by CIK »

Yes something is probably off with the local tags. I'm not aware of anything done in 1.5 to cause issues with local tags, but after 2 years of on and off development my memory is a little foggy.

Could also have something to do with other stuff being in plugins folder. Doing a clean install is a good way to clear out these kinds of issues.
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

hm, i dont have a plugins folder in TFL lol.

though anyway, im the one with the german localization, older patches (1.3 and 1.4) didnt work with my german TFL, though 1.5 seems to work fine but it messes with my keyboard (in Myth 3 i have the same problem) so is it somehow possible to have 1.5 installed without getting my german keyboard americanised?

and btw, i cant select Direct3D and the Software mode isnt very nice to look at :(

Post by Avatara »

Wow, thanks a lot CIK. We both did a clean install followed by the 1.5 patch and it worked greatly. Now i can play Sir Mauriac Tales again.
Thanks again.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

SMT! Best plug ever on tfl. Look for me on playmyth and I'll play some SMT with you.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Gleep wrote:SMT! Best plug ever on tfl.
What is SMT and where can I get it? Is it a Solo/Co-op or a multiplayer?
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.