Bug - Out of sync

Talk about anything here.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

TODAY I WENT OOS IN THE BEGINNING OF A DESERT GAME.
Acheron LoA&BME
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

happend again. on trow now
Acheron LoA&BME
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

if it keeps happening on those maps, delete your prefs (start with the progress one and try, if it doesn't help, delete em all)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

When you are reporting OOS bugs, the best thing you could do for us as developers is to give us two films of the same game, one from an OOS perspective and one from a non-OOS perspective. Saying "today I went OOS" doesn't help us in any way to isolate and fix the problem.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]Everyone (host) was using Public Beta #1 ??

We had this issue the other night with Skrew, turned out he was on PB#1 and the rest of us were using build 224. :oO[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

which would be the fault of the private test team if true. Though for Ach to go OOS & this be the cause, the host would have to be using 224.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

lol! of course it used beta #1. Also whoever you are i didnt save any of the games because i couldnt be bored. neither can i save other players games. (no i didnt hhave time to ask.) these are the only two OOS ive had. also I dont play with ur test team very frequently.

Lol skrew is a n00b!" hes lacking behind

anyway hope those oos aint coming back
Acheron LoA&BME
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

yeah, we all hope that. There's 2 causes of OOS. One is network packets lagging & making players lose touch with the state of the game on the host. The other is an error in the engine, usually subtle, that leads to different things happening on each machine when triggered - we actually fixed one such OOS-causing error in 1.5 from bungie's code.

If the former there's not a lot we can do, but if the latter then a film is kinda necessary before we can begin the long hard slog of tracking down the cause. First though, as BB said, if it happens a lot then try removing your prefs.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder