new game button

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
mor

Post by mor »

i recently tried to install myth 2. i got the service pack 3 problem but cntl+alt+deled around that and installed patch 1.5. however when i run the game the "new game", "saved games" "saved films" and "replay intro" buttons are all transparent and cannot be pressed.i can go to the multiplayer screen but the option to select playmyth as the server is transparent and cant be selected either. pretty much the only things is can do is play the tutorial and change preferences. does anyone know whats going on cause i need help.
this is an error line i found in the myth log its the only thing i can think of
Error: Data Missing in .\Myth2Code\cutscenes\cutscenes.c, line #369: Unable to find the following cutscene - prologue.smk

thx ppl.

mor
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

odd. if you empty the saved games and films folders, those buttons will be transparent. However the new game button should not ever be transparent. My only guess (and this is a wild one) is that you've gotten rid of all the tags by accident and now it doesn't have any levels to play? Even that sounds silly...
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em