Plugins crash to main screen?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
jack

Plugins crash to main screen?

Post by jack »

So I'm finally circling back to Myth II after decades away, and went ahead and installed 1.8.4. I had to use the demo as I'm still trying to track down my old CD (assuming I can ever find it and it still works when I do).

I got everything working, then downloaded two plugins — Homeland and Homeland II. It took some doing to get them to unzip, but I eventually got them installed. They loaded up their respective intros just fine…only to immediately crash back to the main screen when it came time to load the actual level.

The regular (demo) campaign works fine, but is there any way to get plugins to work in this version?

I'd very much like to play these particular plugins considering that, well, I'm responsible for their existence (along with the rest of Creation). The "Jack" mentioned in the intro credits? That's me.

Anyway, I suspect the answer is that I need the CD version for them to work, but I wanted to check just in case there's another way.
Jon God

Re: Plugins crash to main screen?

Post by Jon God »

You will need the tags from the CD version of Myth. It otherwise will try to load said tags, and fail, which will bring you back to the main menu.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
jack

Re: Plugins crash to main screen?

Post by jack »

Ah, I figured — thank you!