Myth II OpenGL & Landscape Textures in Preferences

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Gelf VXR

Myth II OpenGL & Landscape Textures in Preferences

Post by Gelf VXR »

Hi, I have a mac G4MDD running OS9.2.2 from OS9lives with a radeon8500 mac edition. Ive installed Myth II, updated to 1.8.4 and installed the fallen levels v2 and the detailed texture mega pack. As far as i can see in the extensions folder there are 6 openGL related extensions.

When i start the game, in the preferences, I only see software or Rave options, no openGL and option to check lanscape textures is greyed out. Im pretty sure years back when i played before the landscape textures were available in OS9, it could have been OSX. Am i missing something?

TIA
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Myth II OpenGL & Landscape Textures in Preferences

Post by Myrd »

It's a good question. I do recall it working at some point, but it's possible it broke with some update.

Perhaps you can try different older update versions and see if any of them provide the capability? If they do, I can investigate what might have changed.

You can find older versions on the downloads page of the magma site.
Gelf VXR

Post by Gelf VXR »

Thank you for your help, Ill give it a go
Gelf VXR

Post by Gelf VXR »

Started with 1.3 and updated chronologically, openGl option doesn't appear for any version, should have be available v1.5? I tried an unmodified OS9.2.2 version, still the same, unfortunately could install OS9.1 on this machine, I think support started at 9.2. Ive searched web, issue doesn't really show up, but it is legacy hardware