Myth II 1.8.4 Released!

Talk about anything here.
Deceiver

Re: Myth II 1.8.4 Released!

Post by Deceiver »

Could we get the game to truly run in "true" full-screen mode? because as is now, hot corners of macOS settings interfere when you bring the mouse to the corners of the monitor when playing the game. Would be nice if it could be fixed :>
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:10 am Could we get the game to truly run in "true" full-screen mode? because as is now, hot corners of macOS settings interfere when you bring the mouse to the corners of the monitor when playing the game. Would be nice if it could be fixed :>
The problem with "true" full-screen mode is that it disables Cmd-Tab. To make that work, we have to detect it ourselves and have custom code to get out of full screen and then back in, when we become active again. I mean, it's doable since other games do it, but it would be a big change to do.

There might be some third-party utilities that can disable hot-corners when a certain app is running that you could use.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

thanks for the reply. So big change for you guys, not worth it for a future update? id easily switch out command tab for true fullscreen :)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:59 am thanks for the reply. So big change for you guys, not worth it for a future update? id easily switch out command tab for true fullscreen :)
I mean, "worth it" is an interesting question. It's a mac-specific change and I'm the person that's been working on that code historically and currently I don't have much time to work on Myth and am not super motivated by the feature request since I personally don't use hot corners. And we don't have any active development on another update at the moment either. So probably unlikely in the immediate future, so if it's important to you, probably best to just use a third party utility to disable them while Myth is running.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

I one hundred percent understand and respect that. I thought maybe it was a few minutes of work to release a patch or something that could fix that. I'm not a coder myself so I have zero clue :)
RcktMan77

Post by RcktMan77 »

I just found this project and have installed the latest 1.8.4 build announced here on a Mac Sudio (M2 Ultra) running macOS 14.3.1. I'm running this on a Studio Display at 5120 x 2880. I've tried both windowed and fullscreen options, but both have a similar issue with regard to the start menu.

I was able to play through the tutorial and things generally seem to work. However, the issue I notice is that the start screen/menu seems to be clipped on the right hand side. I'm missing the "II" in the "Myth II" artwork of the menu and I'm only able to see menu down to the Preferences options in the list of menu options. Is this a known issue? If so is there some fix that I need to apply?
akula65

Post by akula65 »

RcktMan77

Post by RcktMan77 »

Thanks, removing the Myth II Interface (800 x 600) plugin from the plugins folder as was suggested in that thread seems to have resolved the issue I was having.
Traumwelt

Post by Traumwelt »

Moin moin, I have two questions :)

1. does the patch also work with my old retro PC with Windows XP on it ?

2. does the patch change my language ? I play the German version.

Edit:
Does the patch make the game playable without CD ? / If yes, which files do I have to copy from CD ?

Greetings and ahoy from the Baltic Sea Germany
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Traumwelt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am Moin moin, I have two questions :)

1. does the patch also work with my old retro PC with Windows XP on it ?

2. does the patch change my language ? I play the German version.

Edit:
Does the patch make the game playable without CD ? / If yes, which files do I have to copy from CD ?

Greetings and ahoy from the Baltic Sea Germany
1. It should, I believe the newest patches still work with Mac OS9 and such.

2. I don't think it will, but I am honestly not sure.

3. As long as you've done a large install, you will not need the CD anymore.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
akula65

Post by akula65 »

If you are concerned about the integrity of your CD-ROM, you can compare MD5 sums for the German version as described in this thread: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6618