Invitation and challenge to solo mapmakers

Talk about anything here.
kingthrall

Invitation and challenge to solo mapmakers

Post by kingthrall »

This year 24th August I'm holding a cooperative tournament. I've about 30 + players participating over the course of five weeks. The maps have been chosen and more info can be found on discord/ channel myrgard or gate of storms forums. This is going to be an annual event.

now my challenge to you mapmakers

I would love to include your maps to the broader myth community to be played more often (the point I would assume that you wish for) . There is a few criteria mainly to do with scorekeeping for your plugin to be listed.

* reasonably difficult but not require any saves on certain situations. Notable Chimera with its large amount of pus ghols, and maps where one unit is the sole factor to win or lose the map such as a warlock or dwarf.

* well scripted that will end the level and not bug between matches. Bushido comes to mind here.

* the game does not have to be myth tagset it can be anything.

*crazy unit %. One of my favorite maps is thermopylae pass but the tournament scoring is revolved around preserving as much % at the end of the game. Units like the horse cavalry with impact hits on this particular level make for random scoring due to the splash damage with no real ranged counter.

* random item drops. Oogabooga marathon plug comes in mind here with random gun drops like a nuke gun that gives unfair advantage in a tournament.

The maps I've chosen provided below may give you an example of what I'm after and all plug-ins mentioned are excellent but this is for a tournament so requires a bit of tweaking.

If you are interested and have any questions get in touch.

Maps selected for this year tournament

Leggo Solo Tagset Legendary on myth 2 the wall
The Seventh God (veil of shadows)
MYTH TFL Homecoming, TFL Settings
Grave Tidings 1.1 Tournament Edition
Great Libary
Phantom Hounds, Bloat
Shadow of the mountain 3
Forest Heart, TFL Settings
TSG, Harvek Mountain
The Ibis Crown
Morte Della Luna
Aztec Oranges T.E 1.3
Chimera, the messenger
Landing at White falls
Last edited by kingthrall on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
martydosh

Re: Invitation and challenge to solo mapmakers

Post by martydosh »

Have played solo all these years but you've got me interested.

Talk of cavalry and guns... will it all have the civil war adaptation, or will there be some traditional Myth also?
kingthrall

Re: Invitation and challenge to solo mapmakers

Post by kingthrall »

martydosh wrote:Have played solo all these years but you've got me interested.

Talk of cavalry and guns... will it all have the civil war adaptation, or will there be some traditional Myth also?
Yes can be anything, Could be a cowboys Vs Indians or something choices are endless.