Hill Size

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
JayWalker

Hill Size

Post by JayWalker »

I'm pretty new to mapmaking, dabbled a few years back and decided to get back into it. I'm working on a netmap which is made for King of the Hill and Last Man On The Hill gametypes. I'm trying to figure out how to change the size of the hill and haven't been able to figure anything out? Does anyone have any advice on how to change the size of the hill?
juliocpaes

Re: Hill Size

Post by juliocpaes »

JayWalker wrote:I'm pretty new to mapmaking, dabbled a few years back and decided to get back into it. I'm working on a netmap which is made for King of the Hill and Last Man On The Hill gametypes. I'm trying to figure out how to change the size of the hill and haven't been able to figure anything out? Does anyone have any advice on how to change the size of the hill?
Hi Jay,

You open the tool "loathing" .... and view the image below and click on the floor or a hill to increase and for click mouse + shift decrease it.

for additional information here :

( Displacement Brush)

https://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth ... thing.html
Attachments
charge hill.png
charge hill.png (564.81 KiB) Viewed 15145 times
JayWalker

Post by JayWalker »

juliocpaes wrote:
JayWalker wrote:I'm pretty new to mapmaking, dabbled a few years back and decided to get back into it. I'm working on a netmap which is made for King of the Hill and Last Man On The Hill gametypes. I'm trying to figure out how to change the size of the hill and haven't been able to figure anything out? Does anyone have any advice on how to change the size of the hill?
Hi Jay,

You open the tool "loathing" .... and view the image below and click on the floor or a hill to increase and for click mouse + shift decrease it.

for additional information here :

( Displacement Brush)

https://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth ... thing.html
Thanks Julio, but sorry that wasn't what I was looking for. I was trying to refer to the netobjective of the hill, not the displacement of the map. What I mean is I'm trying to find a way to increase the radius of the koth/lmoth objective, how close units have to be to the flag to control or contest it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Hi JayWalker, welcome to the tain forums.

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not possible. The hill radius is hardcoded in the game engine and so cannot be modified in the editors.
Point

Post by Point »

Since the scenery tag can not edit the radius of the flag there still are two other ways of going about it...

the easiest have multiple flags some can even be unseen if it messes with the look you want... just place and space them in a manner to get the distance you want. this can have a some undesired effects in koth with ownership time for each flag but still might work for what you want.
the more complex way is to use scripting since you can set radius in scripts... there might be an easier way though in my case I use a script to raise and lower flags when enemy approaches... it in turn creates a monster that monster being generated at the flag could be modified to trigger its capture as well... again it works great for my purposes but tweaking it for yours could cause hiccups.

I guess there is also a third option that epic scale plugs used... by shrinking all the units and objects down the radius thus increases due to scale of everything else becoming smaller.

have fun making stuff....
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.