Green Berets Snow Glitch

Talk about anything here.
Platinum

Green Berets Snow Glitch

Post by Platinum »

I thought 1.8.3 was updating that Green Beret units could not move on snow maps, but it seems the problem still persists.
Platinum

Re: Green Berets Snow Glitch

Post by Platinum »

Actually seems like a lot of issues with GB plug/tagset now. Wrong units in the Solo campaign too now.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Platinum wrote:I thought 1.8.3 was updating that Green Beret units could not move on snow maps, but it seems the problem still persists.
It's a bug in the tagset, the terrain flags for the units are set so they can't walk on snow. This can only be fixed by updating the tagset, not by updating Myth.
Platinum wrote:Actually seems like a lot of issues with GB plug/tagset now. Wrong units in the Solo campaign too now.
By "now", are you implying that it wasn't always this way? If so, please post more info.
Point

Post by Point »

I don't think that was a bug... I'm pretty sure oz like others myself included used custom terrains ... since not much snow in vietnam he probably used it for other purpsoses... I know he used some terrain for expressway movements and possibly some scripted stuff.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Point wrote:I don't think that was a bug... I'm pretty sure oz like others myself included used custom terrains ... since not much snow in vietnam he probably used it for other purpsoses... I know he used some terrain for expressway movements and possibly some scripted stuff.
What is custom terrain? What is an expressway movement?

How does any of this explain not being able to walk on snow?
hmp

Post by hmp »

Point is saying green berets units were purposefully set to be unable to walk on snow. The maps the units were made to be played on did not use "snow" terrain type for actual snow, but for areas that for example should be impassable for player units but not enemy units (by changing passability settings in monster tags). By "expressway" I think he means setting units to move faster than normal on that terrain type.

I have no idea whether any of that is true in this case or not though. It may in fact be a bug in the tagset.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I see, thanks for clarifying that hmp. My Point decoder ring doesn't work too well sometimes :wink:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Don't worry, it doesn't for any of us.