Unable to load game

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
FatumIustumStultorum

Unable to load game

Post by FatumIustumStultorum »

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0050.B00
High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

The game simply isn't loading. When I double click on the icon, I get a window saying, "Could not find all the foundation files. Insert your CD or do a full install." I have the original CD inserted, and the installer was used to install from the CD. There were no errors while installing, and all files appear to be in the right place. When I installed, and the very first time I tried opening the program, a pop-up appeared that said "This program has not been optimized for this version of MacOS." Is this a problem with High Sierra? Any help would be appreciated.
FatumIustumStultorum

Re: Unable to load game

Also good to note is that I originally installed 1.8.2, and had the same issue. I upgraded to 1.8.3 beta to see if it would alleviate the problem. It did not. Thanks.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you post your myth_log.txt? Also can you post md5 checksums of the files in your tags folder? You can use the 'md5' command from the command line on the files and post the output.
FatumIustumStultorum

Myth log:

2018-11-14 11:53:26
Myth II |iUniversal|p Build 446 running under MacOS 1096 (Intel) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 9
Number removed: 0
Number added: 0
New count: 9
Could not find all the foundation files. Insert your CD or do a full install.

I couldn't get md5 info from any of the files in 'tags.' Every one of them came back "Permission denied."
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I see - that's probably the cause of the issue. Can you change their permissions so you have access?